UE1 - UT Importing DXF files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
I am trying to import a brush, and the source file is in DXF format. No matter what options I check in the import dialog (I have tried every combination of options), this is what I get once I click import:

criticalerrors.jpg

Is there a way to actually get this to work? I doubt there is anything wrong with the source file, I got it from turbosquid and from their demo images it seems to work in other applications just fine.

I also have the same model in .3ds format, but from my experience that is even more of a pain in the ass to try to get into Ued...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
How complex is it? Does it even obey the common sense rules for brushes?

The error says "Normalization failed" with a size of something close to zero. Sounds like you have an invalid surface in that model or something similar.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah it's just a solid statue, seems to obey common sense rules, it's relatively high poly but nothing extremely complex...