Get rid of that lame pop up window

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
I've got one link for you and anyone else who hates pop-up ads as much as me:
http://www.webwasher.com/

Get this program. You won't regret it.

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Kukuman|PuF
Batai D'va! http://www.realsystems.ws/

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS d- s-:-- a--- C+++ UL++ P L++ E--- W++ N+ o? K? w O? M-- V? PS PE Y PGP? t--- 5? X-
R+ tv+ b+ DI D- G e- h! r--- z--
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
http://www.geekcode.com/

SquerT

Well, generally popup windows on websites is a very mad way to advertise and it takes away from the website and makes it feel more like a warez site which is something I think PU is better than. The problem is Game Spy doesn't get enough people just clicking on their banners on their sites. The Game Spy network's sites for example Planet Unreal and Planet AvsP need us to click on their banners so they can stay open. PU probably has the popup window because we as a community feel that it is our given right to just use what we want of the community then leave. But sites like PU need people like you to click on those banners to keep the place running. So next time you see that banner on PU or the popup click it. Even if you don't give a **** what the advertisement it about click it and if everyone does it then popups to advertise on websites will be a thing of the past. So show some respect and click for the gamers. :)

bullet2.gif

If ya can't shoot it, it ain't UNREAL!

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Ahhh just chill :) If you've seen the end of the Flash movie in the popup, you'll have noticed that the program it's advertising, Gamespy Arcade, launches tomorrow. So the window's only there for the weekend.

bullet2.gif

In case of fire, abandon school.

SU3000

Bringer of Fear and 0wnage
Jun 10, 2000
The Netherlands
www.carpeimperium.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Pop up windows are lame...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
says the guy with the Hitler sig. Why do you have that pic in your sig ?

bullet2.gif

-+- I am the SlachterUnit3000 -+-

[This message has been edited by SlachterUnit3k (edited 06-25-2000).]

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
TTW = Yet another reason not to go to GTF...

bullet2.gif

The new, improved Soundoff will return...

&lt;[Ci]Skumboy|PuF&gt; And the moral of the story is..... pffffffft, what moral? i just banned Blender!

&lt;DSV_Selerox[PuF]&gt; Yes I'm LordKhaine's brother (unfortunatly)
&lt;RaptoR[PuF]&gt; but you're not retarded, how can u be related?

Or just use the Neoplanet web browser (www.neoplanet.com). It's not as stable as IE for some reason (hell, it uses IE as the browser code behind the scenes), but it has a GREAT feature where you can tewll it to "Warn Before Displaying Pop-Ups". I learned to hate popups when I used to browse people's sites on Geocities and AngelFire with a 56K modem, and never went back...

~ImagoX

&gt; "ImagoX Legal Consultants: Proud to be on Satan's retainer since 1986." &lt;

Y

Yellow5

I hate them too. GSI dropped the pop up on us. If you hate them, drop a line to feedback@gamespy.com and let them know how you feel. We've complained on the admins list to GSI about it but they need to hear it from the users.

- Y5

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
TTW didn't do anything bad in this topic. He merely stated his dislike for the pop up window. What he does on other forums doesn't concern me.

IMO, this topic was not deserving of flame.