Can someone teach me about best/last/weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Sup everyone, I know this is a noobish question, as long as I've been playing this game....but I never have used these UT Console/GUI to set these to anything.

I'm trying to learn what the following setting do:

1. Under settings config, what does best weapon do?

2. What does last weapon do?

3. What does weapon selection do?

Let me say, that I play mostly TAM and everytime I run out of a certain weapon's ammo, it automatically queues up my F'ing Assault Rifle. This is getting me killed.

I figured somewhere in the settings above that I asked about would be the answer. I just want it to queue up an more powerful weapon than the AR.

Ok you UT2004 experts help a brother out, please.

Thanks, Prozac :)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I can't believe you don't know that already... It's the weapon selection screen that controls everything. You can pick on a weapon and either drag it or use buttons to make them higher or lower than others, and the game will select the weapon that you have and that is the highest in the list. That's what the game does both when you run out of ammo and when you bess the Best Weapon button.
Last weapon does the same as when you shoot a translocator module, teleport and hold both left and right buttons - you get the last weapon you used before you switched to the current one.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Yes I should have known this by now, but I have NEVER had to use these commands in the console. Because I bind all my weapons to certain keys or mouse buttons.

Therefore I can pick the exact weapon I need at any time. But now that when I run out of ammo on a certain weapon, it queues a new weapon that has ammo, well I just want to make it any weapon stronger than an assault rifle.

I'll tweak around with what you said, but I don't use the mouse wheel to select weapons.

Oh well...I'm figure it out..unless anyone else can make it more plain to me.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Update:

I did finally find out how to prioritize my weapons. I'd just never used or needed this feature until now.

Only problem is, that even though I set the weapons in the order I want, they always rearrange themselves once I quit the game and log back on.

If there is no save feature, I'm just going to forget about it.

Thanks, GE for your help though. :)