PDA

View Full Version : What If - Droid Does Unreal Tournament

TerryMasters
5th May 2010, 06:09 PM
Hey everybody. I'm Terry Masters, and a few days ago I made a video of what it would be like if we got UT running on Android. If you're interested, you can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/TerryxMasters

I'm really glad to see so many people still play this game. If you like the concept, spread this around. Maybe someone up top will notice it.

Stay real,
-TM

Waffnuffly
5th May 2010, 06:37 PM
looooooooooooool I honestly cannot ever seeing myself playing UT, let alone any FPS designed for the PC, on a phone. It's a cool concept, though. If the engine somehow was capable of running on a phone like that, it might suck horribly for standard UT gameplay, but there's no doubt a lot of mod potential there. Even UE1 puts a lot of capability in the hands of creative modders; someone could probably create UE1-based phone games.

That said, the economics involved and the specificity of the platform makes this sound, at best, extremely unlikely to ever happen in reality. Neat idea though.

Skillz
6th May 2010, 01:29 AM
If I can use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse on it, I would find my work days getting less and less productive.

Bi()ha2arD
6th May 2010, 07:12 AM
It's a cool concept, though. If the engine somehow was capable of running on a phone like that, it might suck horribly for standard UT gameplay, but there's no doubt a lot of mod potential there. Even UE1 puts a lot of capability in the hands of creative modders; someone could probably create UE1-based phone games.

You do know that Unreal Engine 3 runs on the iPhone/Pad?

Waffnuffly
6th May 2010, 08:48 AM
You do know that Unreal Engine 3 runs on the iPhone/Pad?
Wow, I didn't realize it did (don't pay much attention to smartphones). I can't imagine it runs all that well, though, unless you don't use all its capabilities.