Assistance needed with mutators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr Zeus

Apr 25, 2010
I need a mutator... maybe one is about already, buried in the hundreds of mutators to find online, or maybe this one may never have been created. Quite possibly the second option, since this mutator might not be very fun.

What I need is a "zero violence" setting. I figure the best way to accomplish this would be to have a character respawn instantly upon being killed - no animations of any sort required, although there wouldn't be time for that anyway with the timer at 0.

This is going to be for a research project - I need to run players through a first person shooter, just by themselves, but they'll be told that their opponents will be player controlled, not computer controlled. The playstyle will be a simple deathmatch game. Half the players need really high violence settings (although the normal settings are probably about as high violence as one can get), and then a low violence setting, which of course won't be as fun, but I need it for the control.

Is there one of these mutators available? If not, how would I make up such a simple one? Hopefuly someone can at least point me in the right direction.

Dr. Zeus

Dr Zeus

Apr 25, 2010
What exactly are trials? I ran through a good portion of the game, but didn't see any trials.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a gamer geek as well as a researcher, but I've just never gotten into first person shooters. So I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of this particular game.

Dr. Zeus

Dr Zeus

Apr 25, 2010
As an additional note, I did come across a function call - ReinforcementsFreq=0 but I have no idea how to impliment this function call.

Dr. Zeus

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Trials are a gametype, based on Assault, where instead of attacking enemies with guns and other things like that, you have to attack with agility and all kinds of jumping. You can see what I mean by going to online play, Assault, disable Standard Servers and choose a server that has the word "trials" in its name. Not all servers have the respawn mutator, though, so it might take a while to find it.

eliot

Jul 12, 2005
@GreatEmerald thats actually a feature of my(and .:..: ) mutator MutBestTimes see UnrealWiki Eliot and scroll down to MutBestTimes.

What i do is spawn a custom GameRules class that overrides the function PreventDeath and there Destroy()'s the pawn and gives a new one right away by calling the RespawnPlayer function from GameInfo and then just return True.