UE3 - UT3 Dead enemies triggering event

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SamKablam

Dec 8, 2008
Once again, I'm trying to pick up on an on-hold project where I'm trying to figure out the script for. Basically, the level starts spawning X amount of enemies. After all of the enemies are killed, X+1 enemies spawn. Basically, its a survive-as-long-as-you-can match, where the number of enemies spawned can potentially be indefinite. Here is the script I have so far:

Right now, its not working exactly as I'd like. There are ways to attach a specified amount of enemies to a death event, but is there a way to do it where that number can change?

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
There's probably a better way to do it, but you could create a variable that starts at 0 and gets +1'd with every death. As soon as it == the SpawnNum you do the +1 to spawn num and start your sequence again.

No guarantee this works btw.

SamKablam

Dec 8, 2008
There's probably a better way to do it, but you could create a variable that starts at 0 and gets +1'd with every death. As soon as it == the SpawnNum you do the +1 to spawn num and start your sequence again.

No guarantee this works btw.

Sounds good, I'll try it out. Is there a way to have it check to see if an enemy bot died and not the player? Or, if it was the player that caused their death? For now, I forsee the player dieing to trigger the death counter as well.

SamKablam

Dec 8, 2008
Ok, now for some reason an enemy's death isn't triggering the death event. Do I have to have the enemy as the instigator for the enemy's death?

SamKablam

Dec 8, 2008
Hooray! Figured it out and the whole thing works! I just needed to attach the spawned enemies to the death event so that it would trigger specifically on their deaths. Thanks!