[lolitics]Share how much you love the EPA and win taxpayer money!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
Link

Yes, say how much you LOVE regulations, how if they didn't exist the world would ****ing die in fire and win taxpayer money. Yes, say how regulations actually creates jobs, makes the economy better, and hell say how when the EPA works with the president to bypass the congress its perfectly fine and totally constitutional. Yeah, totally. God, what would we do without every aspect of our lives being regulated. Be better off that is for sure.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Yea, awesome stuff there:
Even before you leave the house in the morning, government regulations help set the price of the coffee you drink, the voltage of electricity your alarm clock uses, and the types of programming allowed on the morning news.

Hopefully congress, in the near future, will put them in their place and remove the EPA from having the power to invoke things like cap and trade on their own. It's coming...

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Yes, say how much you LOVE blowjobs, how if they didn't exist the world would ****ing die in fire and win taxpayer money. Yes, say how blowjobs actually creates jobs, makes the economy better, and hell say how when the intern works with the president to bypass the first lady its perfectly fine and totally constitutional. Yeah, totally. God, what would we do without every aspect of our lives being blown. Be better off that is for sure.

oldkawman

Master of Your Disaster

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Impart, Impart as birds to mystery, our freest days are yet to come; we tarry not young sorry child - bestow your heart, a fiendish smile - an empty world awaits you.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
Raise your hand if you have actually had any business dealings with the EPA or DEQ, something more than just reading about them or getting your car tested.

/me raises hand

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Prove it. Prove that its good for the economy, prove that its good for business, prove that with regulations there is more jobs and not less.
Making it illegal to dispose of chemicals anywhere you please isn't about helping businesses, it's about preventing damage to the environment. The EPA's regulations generally fall in that category.

That said, having a "make the EPA look good" marketing contest is pretty stupid. And wtf is that about the price of coffee?

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Prove it. Prove that its good for the economy, prove that its good for business, prove that with regulations there is more jobs and not less.

Spoken as a true capitalist. As long as it is making money, it's all good amirite?

So you are 100% totally for a practice that craps the environment while being very good for the economy, very good for business, that creates a boatload of jobs?

Note, that previous assumption about your position was based on the well-established belief that you have about how the system has a "economy versus ecology via degree of regulation" model. The fact is that environment and the economy can be very close partners. There can be a totally environmentally conscious plan, including regulations, that can be very good for the economy, very good for business, and creates a plethora of jobs. Good business practices don't just include making tons of money, good business practices also include the environment, justice, and fairness. This is why I dislike the GDP/capita model of economy/business model. This is why I prefer models like the GPI.

Edit: Let me find a video that I watched about an example how 'good' business practices causes an ecological and health disaster via e-waste. But hey, if it is NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard), who cares, right?

Last edited:

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Link

Yes, say how much you LOVE regulations, how if they didn't exist the world would ****ing die in fire and win taxpayer money. Yes, say how regulations actually creates jobs, makes the economy better, and hell say how when the EPA works with the president to bypass the congress its perfectly fine and totally constitutional. Yeah, totally. God, what would we do without every aspect of our lives being regulated. Be better off that is for sure.

:tinfoil3:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/06/60minutes/main4579229.shtml Here is the article with an accompanied article. This is what happens without regulation, and with corruption (which included the local police precinct). The children there in China have mercury poisoning. The environment in that area has become nothing but sterile. Tell me, is this truly a good business practice?

image4578875g.jpg

If these children were American, would you be outraged?

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Making it illegal to dispose of chemicals anywhere you please isn't about helping businesses, it's about preventing damage to the environment. The EPA's regulations generally fall in that category

The children there in China have mercury poisoning. The environment in that area has become nothing but sterile. Tell me, is this truly a good business practice?

:rolleyes:

Yea, it's a good thing for the EPA, so they can:
  • tell us what kind of light bulbs we can use. Oh, the energy savers contain mercury? BRILLIANT!
  • tell us what kind of toilets we can use.
  • tell us what kind of windows we can use
  • tell us what kind of monitors/tv's we can use
  • Override congress to impose cap and trade despite the fact it won't do a crap of good, except cripple our energy production and economy.

Oh, and here's a really, really great one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_Average_Fuel_Economy#Effect_on_traffic_safety
Historically, NHTSA has expressed concerns that automotive manufacturers will increase mileage by reducing vehicle weight, which might lead to weight disparities in the vehicle population and, increased danger for occupants of lighter vehicles. However, vehicle safety ratings are now made available to consumers by NHTSA[44] and by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.[45] A National Research Council report found that the standards implemented in the 1970s and 1980s "probably resulted in an additional 1,300 to 2,600 traffic fatalities in 1993.[9] A Harvard Center for Risk Analysis study found that CAFE standards led to "2,200 to 3,900 additional fatalities to motorists per year.[46] The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's 2007 data show a correlation of about 250-500 fatalities per year per MPG.[47]