UE3 - UT3 UTTeleport Level streaming?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NapoleanWilson

Mar 21, 2010
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to use the UTTeleporter actor across multiple streaming levels.

I had to place both teleports in the persistant level. When I tested it it seemed to work, however the teleport was hidden. It functioned normally, except it wasn't appearing in game. Is it possible to still generate the cube map of the exit, even though it's a different level?

Thanks in advance!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Obviously a level needs to be loaded before you can even think about capturing a scene, either as cube map or as flat 2D image. The entire point of streaming is that the levels should not depend on each other too much, and a live camera view is a maximum of dependency in that regard.
I guess you could use a static, manually created cubemap instead.

NapoleanWilson

Mar 21, 2010
Hi thanks for replying.

Yeah I thought as much. Instead I've just imported a screen grab of the level and put it onto a brush with an environment effect around it. A bit primitive, but it'll do ;p