[Advice] Dealing with Broken Nose

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
So I'm 95% certain my nose is broken. I took a punch dead on to the nose, and bled non-stop for 30 mins. It's extremely swollen, and when I had it looked at by a few people, they all said it's probably broken. I don't have insurance, so I can't go to the hospital to have it checked out and get advice. I'd already been icing it and taking pain medication to keep it manageable. I can't breathe out of my left nostril still, even seven hours afterwards.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Sadly the best thing to do for a broken nose is to pop it back in place and let it heal. Also why take the risk of paying a doctor your entire pay check only to diagnose you with a bruised nostril?

Breadtruck

Feb 6, 2005
Maine
Sadly the best thing to do for a broken nose is to pop it back in place and let it heal. Also why take the risk of paying a doctor your entire pay check only to diagnose you with a bruised nostril?

It seems to be straight, so no need to pop it in place. There was an extremely loud crack when I got hit. It's still bleeding off and on, and hopefully it won't be too bad sleeping with.

It's all depends on how much you can tolerate a deviated septum.. which you more than likely have due to the left nostril thing. Ice and rest will heal it but it will never be the same unless you get surgery. You could always wait and have it realigned when you have more money.

I'd reccomend you go see a doctor. Yeah, it costs money but you'll thank yourself after.

Breadtruck

Feb 6, 2005
Maine
It's all depends on how much you can tolerate a deviated septum.. which you more than likely have due to the left nostril thing. Ice and rest will heal it but it will never be the same unless you get surgery. You could always wait and have it realigned when you have more money.

I'd reccomend you go see a doctor. Yeah, it costs money but you'll thank yourself after.

I have to see my doctor about my stomach issues soon anyways. I'm on vacation this week, so I'll try to go this week when the swelling is down to have her check on it.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Here's what you do: control your anger. BAM! Physical conflicts never again!

Also, did Festering Anus just give out sincere advice?

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
There is no bone in your nose.

Seriously get it checked out. I broke mine when I was little and never got it fixed. Now they have to break it again if I wan't it straightened.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Really the only way to fix it is amputation...

That's what MJ had to do. True story. I was there n' stuff.

If you think it's broken, quit f'ing around and go see a doctor, unless you know for certain that you nose doesn't need to be popped back into place, you may end up with a hump on your nose. A buddy of mine has one for this same reason.

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
So I'm 95% certain my nose is broken. I took a punch dead on to the nose, and bled non-stop for 30 mins. It's extremely swollen, and when I had it looked at by a few people, they all said it's probably broken. I don't have insurance, so I can't go to the hospital to have it checked out and get advice. I'd already been icing it and taking pain medication to keep it manageable. I can't breathe out of my left nostril still, even seven hours afterwards.

Do you have any Doctors as friend. They could help you out.

NoTomorrow

{R$A}
Jan 20, 2008
NoWay
My wife is a doctor. Her advice is see a doctor. But, she also said that if your nose is not bent in any way, only swollen, you can just let it heal by it self. No danger in that. But again, best advice is see a doctor.