Bulletstorm observation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I was thinking about this the other day, watching some of the scans and whatnot, eventually I figured every montage featured that one "peacemaker" rifle, aimed from the hips. In no screen was it aimed down the sights or anything similar to this even when firing middle-ranged targets.

I can assume this game won't have that gameplay mechanic considering Painkiller never had that? :\

I know it can kill the pace a little, but man, they have complete control over how weapon sway and everything related to aiming penalties (speed reduction, etc)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Everything that needs to be said is right above.

And everything that I said after that is self explanatory. They have full control on how they nerf mobility during iron sights, and the speed at which you aim.

If you take slight of hand in MW2, it does improve over the default speed a lot. If you take an approximative aiming speed to that and reduce the mobility penality, it could work really well considering MW2 is still fast paced even though it has ADS, Borderlands too...

The only games that still use constant hip fire are counter Strike and Halo. I can understand for Unreal/Quake/ETC. I only hope they're not going to stick with that, it's dumb to "snipe" someone from the hip using an assault rifle.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I play UT3 now and then. Always find it an awesome game true to the Unreal Tournament series.
Oh what's up with the tags here?

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Watch the gameplay vid where they storm a warehouse to get Ichi some energy to recharge his battery. In the first fight scene he aims down the Peacemaker sights.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Some people seemed concerned about ADS in a game like Bulletstorm (see post #2). It doesn't seem to be something to worry about. The game is fast paced, ADS improves accuracy for longer distanced shots, anything else will be shot from the hips, likely.