Infinity Ward "Serving" Free Weekend on Steam

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Starting tomorrow, Steam users can play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, the best shooter ever made, until Sunday for free.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/63176

I'm interested to test this out on PC. I sold my PS3 copy back to Gamestop, maybe the precision of PC controls will be better. Still, $60 is pretty steep for a game with so many problems and no dedicated server support.

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
It'd be great if we could get eight to sixteen BUF'ers playing this weekend. That way we could have our own matches and not worry about cheaters.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
I don't worry about cheaters. :cool:
emot-whatup.gif

I was initially annoyed at the game being $60 but I've definitely gotten my money's worth for it. The lack of dedicated servers isn't much of a problem.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The lack of dedicated servers is far overshadowed by the poor multiplayer implementation.

The game is fun, but... yeah... I'm up for hopping into some games over the weekend if I'm not working.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
emot-whatup.gif

I was initially annoyed at the game being $60 but I've definitely gotten my money's worth for it. The lack of dedicated servers isn't much of a problem.

I'd feel the same way if there wasn't friggin' aimbotters everywhere. I tolerated botters for a while until it seemed to be a real rare occasion to get matched without one. Wallhackers don't even bother as me much because they tend to still suck.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Groundwar is filled with hackers (Plus it's ****ty IMO). Almost all the massive-clan stacking gametypes are filled with hackers. I'm sure it's far more rewarding to hack there than it is in DM or Merc TDM anyway.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I'm really tempted, but I think I'll have to pass. I simply don't have the cash to buy any games right now, and what happens if I end up liking the game? It is simply better to just not know what I am missing out on.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I'd feel the same way if there wasn't friggin' aimbotters everywhere. I tolerated botters for a while until it seemed to be a real rare occasion to get matched without one. Wallhackers don't even bother as me much because they tend to still suck.

If you are worried so much about hackers just play with us. We have means of shooing them off(though I can't say for fear of reprimanding and Haarg yelling at me).