UE3 - General Urgent help needed with Batman for my research!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pazooka

Mar 26, 2010
Hello guys,

First of all, thank u for making this forum such a wonderful one. I've just realized how good it is as am really new in here.

Second, I need some urgent help with one of my research projects for my CS Master Degree. What I need to do for this project is to render the Batman character from the Arkham Asylum game, and enable some animations, and other features. So, I obtained the batman's mesh from the game (the.upk file), and I used umodel to obtain the .psk file. I also used SkelEdit to view this mesh and store it as a .skm file. So, these are the three extensions i got for the mesh. The thing now is that I need to load this mesh as data in a program (in whatever language c, or c++, etc..) in order to start writing my shaders for it, rendering it, and so.

Unfortunately, as much as I am interested in this, I don't have enough experience. One thing I have been trying to do, is to download the unreal engine and use it for reading and loading the mesh, but I only got the UDK from The Unreal Technology, which - as far as I know - does not provide source code, or anything for me to use as a developer.

Another suggestion was to download the Quake or Doom game engine and start looking into ways to convert any of the three file extensions i have, into an extension compatible with that engine, and start using it for reading the mesh, and loading it in a program.

So, now I am stuck at this point, and it is getting a bit confusing. That's why I would really appreciate any help or suggestions in this concern.

Thank you very much, guys, and keep it up :)