PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar crashing on jailbroken iPhone 2g

occollegeboi
16th Mar 2010, 09:29 PM
I was wondering if this is a known issue with jailbroken iPhones. Background info: iPhone 2g jailbroken using a macintosh computer, specifically with Redsn0w. I have the 3.1.3 operating system.

After installing winterboard and several themes, some incorporating the task bar, I have noticed that every time I use my iPhone, I'll, for example, open an app and use it for a second, then when I press the home button the task bar is no longer visible once I am back to the home screen (or any screen on the desktop for that matter), it's just a black space on the top of the screen. Putting the iPhone to sleep and then waking it fixes the problem most times, but rarely, it will not fix the problem but it (the task bar) will usually come back either through time or if I restart the iPhone.

This problem is not TOO bothersome but I do like knowing what the time is at all times, how much memory I have available at all times, how many signal bars I have, and accessing SBsettings via task bar swiping.

If there is a workaround please tell me. Or if anyone has the same problem so that I don't feel 'alone,' please let me know. Thanks!

haarg
17th Mar 2010, 09:10 AM
BUT HOW ?

occollegeboi
17th Mar 2010, 10:08 AM
My task bar disappears dude! Its not hard to understand. Do i need to spell it out for you? I am a noob to jailbreaking.

SlayerDragon
17th Mar 2010, 10:31 AM
I think you're also pretty bad at the Internet.

Bi()ha2arD
17th Mar 2010, 11:04 AM
No surprise. He uses a Mac.

Firefly
17th Mar 2010, 12:35 PM
You're at the wrong part of the internet

go here to find out (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=181262)

Wormbo
17th Mar 2010, 02:56 PM
Not only a n00b to jailbreaking, but also a n00b to finding help.

sgtantllama
2nd Apr 2010, 02:46 PM
Go to winterboard and deselect "solid status bar"