Is the Flak Cannon a newbie spam weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorchio

Jun 23, 2000
Visit site
Id say so, even Gravedigger from the GTF can get kills with it FFS. I vote that epic remove it in the next patch. Anyone else have a veiw on this?

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
LOL. This has been fought over too. Flames o'plenty, if I recall correctly.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scorchio

Jun 23, 2000
Visit site
Bugger, so you dont think anyone would feel like acting it out again? Come on, i waana watch you guys try to have a flame war while maintaining your "No Fun" rule. Now THAT would be funny. A civilised flame war...

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
If this thread doesn't start the flame war your looking for, I suggest a "mulitple rockets vs. single rockets" thread, or how about a thread about Ripper spam, or maybe even one about Epic's implementation of D3D in UT.

[This message has been edited by Lizard Of Oz (edited 06-23-2000).]

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Skumboy: the thing is: he isn't pissing me off, and he won't either.

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Hey, I was the only one who actually *welcomed* you here. I don't care what your past at GTF was as long as it's not in the cards for you here.

bullet2.gif

Scorchio

Jun 23, 2000
Visit site
Hey Cleaner, funny seeing you here.

Thanks for the on topic reply too.. if only the rest of these guys would have replied in a similar way this could have become a constructive and informative thread. Instead they choose to attack me for posting my opinions :(. Thank you Cleaner, you're one of the good ones. If only everyone here was a civil and open minded as you...

Ruffrider

Feb 2, 2000
Citrus Springs, FL
Every weapon in UT has a purpose. I use the flak in tight hallways with corners because it works the best in that area for me. If I can get out in the open I only use the shock rifle. So if every one ran around doing shock combos everywhere would that make him a "newbie". If they only used rockets would that make him a "newbie". No it wouldn't, it would just show that for he/she plays most efficently with that weapon. So no, the flak is not a newbie weapon. It may be over used... but its still not a newbie weapon.

bullet2.gif

AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"
In the words of Boom... "Boom!"

Just because I'm a HPB doesn't mean I can't kick your A$$!

Status
Not open for further replies.