UE1 - UT Transparent windows look paper thin

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
I have a transparent window in my map, which I made by subtracting a shape out of a wall and then adding it back in (brush sinking they call it) as a semi-solid, then made the front and back faces a translucent texture. It works except when you look through it in game there is no depth to it, it just looks like the window (and wall) is paper thin, somehow the sides and top and bottom of the cube become see-thru too even though I didn't set those to translucent, it's not the end of the world but it would look much nicer if it worked the way I want it to because they are portholes for a ship and they need to have that depth... anyone know how I can fix this?

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
Thanks, but that didn't seem to work... I should probably point out that the windows are only transparent from the inside looking out, from the outside I don't want anyone looking in, so it's like I have tinted windows.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
1 uu above the floor/walls would work. Then set a two sided texture on the sides, and a 1 sided material on the inside of the glass, and an 1 sided non translucent on the other side to simulate tinted windows. So you need 3 different textures and/or surface settings.

Alternatively use 3 sheets. 1 sheet for the outside that is 1 sided and not translucent.
And two identical sheets for the insides, both 1 sided translucent. Because you got two of them behind each other the glass will look a bit thicker.