PDA

View Full Version : where to install the beta2 (ut3-steam-version)?

fireball1
9th Mar 2010, 09:23 PM
1) do I need to install beta before beta2?

2) once I have downloaded the beta2, in which folder do I have to unzip the content of the zip?

( I have ut3 installed on steam, this may change the directories.
Though Steam is on d:\... , the cache and inis (and so on) are in subfolders of this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Fireball Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\ ..... )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. the unrealcachextractor was not enough to make jb work offline.

Wormbo
10th Mar 2010, 12:13 AM
1) do I need to install beta before beta2?
No.
2) once I have downloaded the beta2, in which folder do I have to unzip the content of the zip?

( I have ut3 installed on steam, this may change the directories.
Though Steam is on d:\... , the cache and inis (and so on) are in subfolders of this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Fireball Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\ ..... )
[...]
-----------------------------------------------------
Installation
-----------------------------------------------------

Zip version:
(Vista/2008/Win7)
Extract all files to C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\
if -nohomedir is being used:
extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\ for the Disc version, or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\Published\CookedPC for the Steam version.
Drop the (x86) if using a 32 bit version of windows.

(XP)
Extract all files to C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\
if -nohomedir is being used:
extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\ for the Disc version, or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\Published\CookedPC for the Steam version
Drop the (x86) if using a 32 bit version of windows.

(Replace C: with your drive letter if different)
[...]

P.S. the unrealcachextractor was not enough to make jb work offline.
Actually not very surprising. Only Unreal package files (.u/.upk./ut3) are downloaded by clients, but mods consist of more files than that and some of those additional files are required to actually start a game with the mod enabled.

fireball1
10th Mar 2010, 04:21 AM
hmmmm....

I have XP and steam.

this folder from the description does NOT exist:
D:\Game\Steam2\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\published\CookedPC

-----------------------------------

but this folder I have (with NO published):
D:\Game\Steam2\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC

and this folder I have:
C:\Documents and Settings\Fireball Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
--------------------------------------

which of the two folders should I choose ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
P.S. the utcachextractor extracts the files in these folders:
- .C:\Documents and Settings\Marc Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC and to the subfolders too:
- .C:\Documents and Settings\Marc Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Scripts
- .C:\Documents and Settings\Marc Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Maps
===> So I would guess, that the jb-beta2 also should be installed in this folder(s), rather than to
D:\Game\Steam2\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC

But better a pro tells me,
I dont want to screw my installation

G.Lecter
10th Mar 2010, 04:45 AM
which of the two folders should I choose?Normally it's the Second one: ;)
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Jailbreak

And the subfolders would be:
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Jailbreak\Localization
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Jailbreak\Maps
The Scripts folder does not exist...

fireball1
10th Mar 2010, 05:00 AM
ok, then I choose the one as you advice me:
C:\Documents and Settings\Fireball Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\

the subfolders you mentioned
...\Jailbreak
...\Jailbreak\Localization
...\Jailbreak\Maps

... will be created automatically, right?, I just copy everything in "...\CookedPC", right?

G.Lecter
10th Mar 2010, 05:09 AM
Yeah, if your WinZip (or any other compression program you're using) is configured to extract in subdirs, both the Jailbreak folder and the subfolders should be created automaticallly. :)

fireball1
10th Mar 2010, 05:52 AM
thank you very much, guys, you are great help :-)

It works :-)