Panik in Berlin! Überfall bei der EPT!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
someone else must have heard about this by now, pretty funny if you ask me.

so these guys decided to rob a European Poker Tournament event that was also being broadcast LIVE on television. whether they were aware of this fact or not is anyone's guess. initial reporting said something like a million euros had been stolen by 6 men who were strapped with AK's.

turns out it was just 4 guys with handguns and a machete, and they stole "substantially less" than what has been rumored. they only jumped the registration desks, but the prize money was not all stored in one place.

either way, you can watch it unfold.
first, from inside the main room where all the players flee their tables. chaos ensues in about 6-7 seconds.
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFn3XxRWcO0[/M]

next, in a much more exciting video, you can watch from the angle of a guy who happened to be walking out of the main room just as the sh*t was hitting the fan. he catches some of the actual robbers fighting with security. keep your eye on the robber with the red jacket, one of the rent-a-cops throws a briefcase at his head and then levels him with a metal pole. then the cop guy gets him on the ground, but his robber buddies come back with the machete and throwing glass objects at cop guy. cop guy lets go of his robber and so it seems like all of them get away.
security wasn't packing any heat, and the robbers didn't want to shoot anybody with the little heat they had.
Direct Link
Link to the story, in case the direct doesn't work, it's embedded just below the text.

that second video is longer, but all the good stuff goes down within the first minute or two.
if you watch it further, you see the camera guy pan back around to the tournament room, which was completely filled moments before.

Last edited:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
My dad and me did only lol about this, because the security guys had the right and necessary stuff there to break them all the bones and to stop them. I'm talking about these idiots! However, as far as I know, here in germany it is not allowed to hurt somebody, if you are in danger. If you defend yourself and somebody else get some broken bones, because you saved something or people, you gonna be the idiot and why, because you did your job. Anyway, it is pretty funny to see such a kind of stupidity!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Man that bottle of glass sure looked like a warning more than anything else.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I was close to going down there to watch the finals. I did visit some of the qualification tournaments.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I think it's curious how the little scuffle in the lobby unfolded.

the security team let that one guy go after his buddies came back for him, when all they had was a big knife and some glass objects.
seems like no one was really prepared for that robbery, the bad guys and the security.