UE2 - UT2kX Jump pad destination

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turbo K

Turbo K
Feb 8, 2010
California
I have read several tutorials and looked through the forums, but I can't find out how to make a jump pad make you land where you want it to. Can someone please help?

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Simply place a pathnode (or other object) where you want to land. Now go into the jumpad's properties -> navigation point->forced paths->pathnodeX (where X is the number of the pathnode, found in the pathnode's properties->object). Rebuild, click on the jumpad, and you should see a purple arc going to the pathnode. Change the sounds or whatever in the jumpad properties as you see fit.

There's also a tutorial on unrealwiki. Maybe this will help (from my DM-Oubliette)....

jumppad.gif

Last edited:

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Thanks, I got it to work now. How do you make them visible or look like the different ones you see in the game?

Sounds like you're referring to the emitters that are placed in the same spot as the jumpad, as it's the emitter that's visible, not the actual jumpad. It's tough to see in the pic, but I have an emitter placed in the same spot as the jumpad.

Open up some of the packaged maps to see.