PDA

View Full Version : Spawning goodies and baddies

Cammy
28th Nov 1999, 08:47 AM
Okay, let's say I've got this big room with a sheet brush somewhere in it, which you can walk through. Can I make the level spawn goodies and/or baddies (of my specification) everytime I walk through the brush? If so, how? Does it involve those spawnpoint things?

Also, is it possible to make baddies spawn goodies when they die? I don't seem to remember seeing them do that in the game.

Help, please? Thanx!

------------------
Creme du Cammy. For soft, tender skin.

Wanderer
28th Nov 1999, 11:03 AM
You're gonna have to read up on the CreatureFactories. This is to get the initial start up of victims.

http://unreal.epicgames.com/AI.htm

Obviously you'll want a trigger that activates the CreatureFactory.

If you want it to only spawn 1 creature each time you may want to set the property=>Advanced=>bNoDelete. Following the same theory as repeating breakable glass, it should work. If not, I'll send you a .45 and you can shoot me in the foot with it.

Having baddies spawn goodies when they die is just giving a baddy who's event equals a CreatureFactory.

Any questions, comments, or how to see through walls in HL? Ok, class dismissed! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

NarkyBark
28th Nov 1999, 12:25 PM
A factory sounds like the way to go, yes...
put a trigger where the sheet brush is. It will look like the brush is the cause.

I do believe there is a line in a baddie's stats where you can set them to drop something when they die, it's obvious if you read it (can you tell I don't remember offhand what it's called?) /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Aridale N. Belmont
28th Nov 1999, 11:58 PM
Its under pawn in props and its called Drops When Killed or something along those lines =)

Ari