UE3 - UT3 Creating a 2 way elevator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hhughson

Jan 31, 2010
Hey!

I've searched everywhere for help on how to do this, but haven't figured it out yet.

I'm creating a UT3 level and I have the lift set up so that when you get on at the bottom it lifts you to the next level and opens the door at the top for you.

Right now I have the top trigger set to just open the door so the player can jump down to the next level.

I had the top door set up to trigger the lift to raise as well as open the door, but when the player gets on the lift and goes down, they bounce back up at the bottom, because they hit the lower trigger.

What I want to do is set up the top trigger so that it disables the lower trigger long enough for the person to get off the lift at the bottom.

Any ideas if it's possible?

--Heather

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Here's a different idea: Use a Gate node after each Touch event and close that while the lift moves. That way any trigger touches would only have an effect if the lift doesn't move.
Disabling the Touch events with a Toggle action may not work as intended, because the Touch event performs a check for already touching actors when it is enabled.