Teleporting up tunnels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
It's actually pretty simple to stop people from doing it on Blue Command - if you have a person dedicated enough to be aware of what's going on.

I can stop it about 85-90% of the time when I defend Blue on Command.

I can also do it (on offense) about 75% of the time when Red Command. Again, for all of these situations, no jumping is required.

Just double xloc for November (up tube).

For going UP the hole on Command, just stand correctly.. aim for where the cross bars meet and you'll land it on top - be ready to xloc again to get out from under the hood.

As well, on Lava Giant, you can double xloc from the lower levels to the upper levels (at some points not even a double xloc is required).

bullet2.gif

|C|Rooster|PuF
Defenseman for |C|ondemned

Tom_Hanks

Apr 6, 2000
Visit site
Generally speaking I have figured out most of the tricks in CTF levels. However, there are a few things I need to know and I'm hoping someone can walk me through the processes:

1) Teleporting up the shoot to the blue base in November. Depsite jumping then teleporting I never seem to make it. Do I just have to keep trying or is there another technique?

2) Teleporting up to the back room of the blue base in Command level. Again I have the same trouble so do I just keep trying or is there a trick (this tunnel looks way too high but then you never know.)

3) Dropping down the back room tunnel in Command with the flag. Totally beyond me. Can someone explain how to get the flag to fall down the backroom tunnel so it falls very near the red armour on this level?

Great, well I'll chack back soon and read your sage words.

Many thanks

Tom_Hanks

Necroth

Former WeeDHead
Mar 7, 2000
Visit site
<LI>1) Teleporting up the shoot to the blue base in November. Depsite jumping then teleporting I never seem to make it. Do I just have to keep trying or is there another technique?

This is called telepunting i think, throw you'r TL-Disk straight up, then when it comes down again shoot it with the Impacthammer again up.
If believe its done this way, i know some peole mastered this (not me :( )

<LI>2) Teleporting up to the back room of the blue base in Command level. Again I have the same trouble so do I just keep trying or is there a trick (this tunnel looks way too high but then you never know.)

I believe same as the above.

<LI>3) Dropping down the back room tunnel in Command with the flag. Totally beyond me. Can someone explain how to get the flag to fall down the backroom tunnel so it falls very near the red armour on this level?

This is more easier, just teleport crawling on that roster, under the lamp, then crawl to the flag, this has to be on the edge of the floor so you can touch it again, the stand over a hole, throw a TL disk down, tl down, and the flag should fall down too, grab it and run for you life

bullet2.gif

Nominated by PuF as King of LPB's
Defense and Freelance player for [Ci]

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff , home of the world-famous Llama Farm!

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
1.) I' m not quite sure what you mean

2.) It's very hard. The lamp that hangs over the opening in that room makes it difficult to get the translocator out of the chute. It can be done, but it takes a lot of practice. Be prepared to take some fall damage.

3.) Another way to do it besides the Xloc trick (which sometimes doesn't work, leaving the flag stranded in the blue base) Is to back up into the corner of the back room, then do that skip (press forward twice quickly) towards the corner of the openings, and then strafing in towards the center. This is kinda hard to do, but if you master it you can be down in your base before they realize what happened. It also makes sure that you never drop the flag.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
1) To t/l up the pipe, you have to do a double-t/l. Throw the disk up, t/l when it reaches it's apex and instantly throw the disk again in mid-air. This needs some training to be done correctly, so just keep trying.

2) To t/l up the vent on command, you do not have to jump or double-t/l. Just stand correctly and aim at the middle of one of the 4 squares and your disk will land on top.

3) To get down with the flag, you have to crouch and turn your back to the vent, then drop the flag (by translocating or feigning death). It drops in the vent and you can pick it up again and drop down.
This technique is considered pretty lame as most ppl see it as a bug in the map design, that makes the map totally biased for red.

bullet2.gif

©leaner.CH.[$FCE2] - Member of $FCE2 - Respawn Inc. -
UT ©leaned - Tips'n'Tricks for UT Config and Gameplay

Unbeliever

Smiling Politely
May 4, 2000
Glasgow
teleporting up the pipe is kinda difficult, what you have to do is jump and fire your TL up, and when its at the top of the crest, TL to that spot and fire your disc up again v quickly, if done correctly you will appear in the enemy base. Be warned tho, its difficult to do on laggy servers, plus I find it takes me 3 attempts to do it.

As for the TL up the command bit, you have to position yourself by the flak cannon to do this, and jump and TL at a slight angle till your disc catchs on the edge, again, it can be difficult, but with practise it is easy enough.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
In order to get higher than a normal translocate, you have to practise double x-locating.

As it says, throw the x-loc up. When it gets to it's highest point, altfire and then fire again immediately.

This will get you up the blue tube in November. Also in Lava Giant, you can get onto the cliffs in the middle to snipe and out of the lower ramp area. Face it can be used to get straight into the redeemer ramp. Many many uses, and should be mastered.

The best way to practise is to get onto a low gravity map (Hall of Giants is good).

bullet2.gif

]LoL[Morety|PuF

Because hey, if it weren't for Llamas? I wouldn't seem like such a great guy.

]LoL[ - A big clan of Spam.

Tom_Hanks

Apr 6, 2000
Visit site
Great, thanks for all the advice. I guess it's time for me to get practicing.

Also I agree that dropping down the tunnel in Command is 'lame' but the problem with this type of thing is that the minute one person does it it becomes inpossible to counter unless you can do it yourself.

And Hi Unbeliever, it's [dv8] Tom_Hanks here as if you didn't guess :)

RitualSuicide

mortiferous pageantry
Jan 5, 2000
CA, US
www.ritualsuicide.com
Good tip in November is to send a few fairly good players up the stairs first to distract whoever is supposed to be watching the tube. You can pull off a killer blitz this way if you can get three guys up the tube while defense is being distracted.

bullet2.gif

|PUF|SoloDancer

Ritual Suicide

Mr. Hanks, as for getting through that pipe on November, I also suggest you get used to TL'ing a slight angle. Otherwise you'll make the classic mistake of TL'ing to the correct height, yet never making it over the edge of the pipe. The same is even more true of the cliffs on Lava. I can't tell you how many times I left a little crater trying to get that one to happen. ;)

I know this sounds obvious, but it makes a huge difference. Angle is key when you're trying a tricky double TL move.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Tom:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Generally speaking I have figured out most of the tricks in CTF levels.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just curious, which ones DID you figure out? :)
We helped you with these ones, so c'mon ....

bullet2.gif

©leaner.CH.[$FCE2] - Member of $FCE2 - Respawn Inc. -
UT ©leaned - Tips'n'Tricks for UT Config and Gameplay

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
A lot of people probably know this trick, but I'll post it anyways. (I just figured out how to do it.)

On Lava Giant, Send your xloc to the top of the red base. I must be on the top point. Get directly behind it, and load up the impact hammer. Then telepunt the xloc to the middle of the map. WAY!!!!! up there! It's great, you can snipe the enemy base, cut off any enemy flag carriers. COOL MOVE!

[This message has been edited by Stosh (edited 06-21-2000).]

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Bah, you are too polite Tosk ;)

Give us the alias Mr. Danny1!

or we will ummmmm,

we will errrr, ummmmm,

make goofy faces at you!!!

silly.gif

bullet2.gif

Boom, Boom, Boom, let's go back to my room! Where we can do it all night, and I can make you feel right! Oooooooooo!
]LoL[Boom|PuF

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The shortcut in Command is just as effective for the blue team. Although I wish that was just eliminated from the map altogether. It would really be a very good map if this was fixed.

Tom_Hanks

Apr 6, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for all the tips.

In response to Cleaner here's a 'trick' I know but, to be honest, never use.

First off the rocket jump in Face which I guess most people are aware of anyway but is still fun to try out with your guild. For those who don't know it here's what to do - get to the top of the enemy base with the flag and have one of your team mates fire a full rack of rockets directly at your feet. You'll be catapulted to your own base and, given enough armour, accuracy and health you can generally survive the landing and make it back to your own flag.

Seems a bit of a cheap way to play Face as it's such a good level and to be honest, if you can get to hte top of the tower with a mate then it's almost impossible to defend against too.