UT3 DM-(ITC)UG-DeathFan

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tempus

“Do, or do not. There is no try.”
May 29, 2008
Portugal
tempus.paulo.googlepages.com
This is a map I done some months ago but I didn't released back then because was to be part of a mappack that I was and still developing under the Team HyperGames2K8 called "Unreal G-old School" but I figured out that would be better to release map by map and then compile the maps all together in a mappack when done. This way is better also because I will get feedback so I can polish better the maps.

This is a remake of a very old map from Unreal Gold Botmatch\MP called Stomp, I have googled the internet seeking an original description but in vain, so I decided to create my own based on the Unreal world.

Name:
DM-(ITC)UG-DeathFan

Version:
1.0 Final but can be revisited if requested

Compatibility:
works with every version of UT3

Description:
This map is set in one of the various vertical wind tunnels used to cool the Green Slime (aka Goo) which is the waste product produced by this vast Power-Plant; trusted to give juice to the Countless mines scattered all over the Nali Planet such as Rrajigar; by far the most important mine because of the high profits gained. But after the Liandri takeover of the Skarjj mining corporations several of these wind tunnels were converted into arenas for the Tournament.

Screenshot:
DeathFanSS6.jpg

DeathFanSS1.jpg

DeathFanSS2.jpg

DeathFanSS3.jpg

DeathFanSS4.jpg

DeathFanSS5.jpg

Credits:
Remake of the Unreal DeathFan map for Unreal Tournament 3.
Original Author: Myscha the Sled dog.

The Trimm Texture were made by me from source photo I got in CG Textures and made
Seamless in Photoshop, The remaining Materials are retail.
The Fan meshe were modeled by me in 3DsMax.
The Music was taken from Unreal remake for UT2004.

Homepage: http://tempusgamedesign.webs.com/

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z3injgzm1gw

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
good remake!

This one is more true to the original from Unreal with similar equivalent weapons, green neon and a general greenish appearance. It was a good music choice and I liked the different goo with things swimming around in it (actually this part is similar to MCC-DeathFan). The bottom fan is done well and it's an interesting top fan with "infinite" neon skybox (oops. blocking volumes, I can't tell for sure). The whole map is set off well with the red trim to give it its uniqueness. If you're good, then you won't fall in this one. The bots are pretty good, but not my favorite selection of weapons even though close to original; I prefer the flak cannon and rocket launcher in the MCC version.;) My game has bloom turned off, so I have no problem with this one.:)