change skins in demo playback

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ralck

Nov 5, 2009
hey, i'm working on a ut movie and i want all the skins in the movie to be the ut defaults. i've got some demos with strange skins that admins put on the server. is there any way i can get those skins to show as Malcom or whatever when i play back the demo and record the clip?

also i've got some frags on the ctf facing worlds winter edition map. is there any way to play back the demos with the normal facing worlds map? i'm guessing the geometry of the maps are both the same, it's just the coloring that's changed.

any help would be much appreciated because i don't want to need to throw out some cool frags just because i desire consistency.

thanks,
ralck

War_Master

May 27, 2005
You can't change things once they've been recorded but, you could try editing the custom skin packages and use the default skins instead. Also, for the winter face map, you could edit whatever custom package it used for the textures.

Just remember though, save the original custom packages for the skins and winter textures somewhere else so you still have the originals. Once you're done with your movie, you can just replace the ones you edited with the originals in order to prevent mismatching when you enter the server again.