Returning to UT99 after years

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JadeWolf

Dec 16, 2009
Heya,
So here I am, discovering my old installation of UT99 in a corner of an external hard drive. I decide to set it up, take a piece out of old Loque. The first problem I run into, seeing I'm on Mac OSX Leopard, is UT only runs on classic, but I found an osx ver of the app which seems to run fine. Only problem is, for some reason, at the stage I am in the tournament, (14 deathmatch - 3 domination), as soon as I play through a map, when it's won the game quits for no reason at all. This isn't a real problem though, the practice sessions are more fun, though if anyone has a solution? ...

My main reason for registering here is JAILBREAK!!!! An awesome mod, my favorite part of UT99. But ... all the map packs and downloads from planet jailbreak seem to not work. Can anyone help me please? I need some good jailbreak, and the few maps in the default version of the mod (which was still installed in my old installation) are simply not enough. Anyone know where to get / can upload them for me?

Hope someone can help with jailbreak!

|wSp|KiLLaKeLLeR

Dec 15, 2009
Jade, what files does it come with? .unr/.utx ?? unzip and let me know please also I can't unzip it myself cause i am on a gov computer and it blocks it but let me know the files that map contains and i'll try and help u.

JadeWolf

Dec 16, 2009
OK, so there's 3 .umx files (which go to music?), two jpgs (nothing?), AS-EiffelTower.txt(help?) AS-EiffelTower.unr (Maps?), ElectricLamp.u (System?), PlutonicUrban.utx (system?).
The thing I don't get is theres no .uax files, and the readme says New Sounds : Yes.

The error displayed when I try to play is :
Can't launch URL - can't find file package for 'SGTech1'

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Verify you have UT correctly installed, because SGTech1.utx is part of standard UT.

Diehard

.unr files go into your UT/Maps/ folder
.umx files go into your UT/Music/ folder
.uax files go into your UT/Sounds/ folder
.u files go into your UT/System/ folder
.int files go into your UT/System/ folder
.ini files go into your UT/System/ folder
.utx files go into your UT/Textures/ folder

The thing I don't get is theres no .uax files, and the readme says New Sounds : Yes

The sound might be embedded into the MyLevel.

AS-EiffelTower.txt(help?)

Thats only a help and/or creditfile. It contains info about the map but has no relation to installing the map

Means the package is needed, but not there. You can get SGTech1 here: SGTech1.zip.

|wSp|KiLLaKeLLeR

Dec 15, 2009
OK, so there's 3 .umx files (which go to music?), two jpgs (nothing?), AS-EiffelTower.txt(help?) AS-EiffelTower.unr (Maps?), ElectricLamp.u (System?), PlutonicUrban.utx (system?).
The thing I don't get is theres no .uax files, and the readme says New Sounds : Yes.

The error displayed when I try to play is :

Make sure you add the server package because you are adding a file to the system folder, for example the file ElectricLamp.u would have to be added to the server package as ServerPackages=ElectricLamp
Keep us up to date and see if it works

Diehard

Make sure you add the server package because you are adding a file to the system folder, for example the file ElectricLamp.u would have to be added to the server package as ServerPackages=ElectricLamp

But that is only needed if is gonna run a server, for Single Player theres no need for that.

JadeWolf

Dec 16, 2009
Works! Yay, thanks a lot. Now, several other maps I hadn't noticed had the same error work as well. However, one jailbreak map displays that it can't find package SkeletalChars. Is this one downloadable as well?

Diehard

I looked it up on the internet, and found out the package is part of BonusPack4.

Lol that sucks, now i gotta replace all files for the serverpackages to fix the scating player glitch, cause its now misses a package.

Works! Yay, thanks a lot. Now, several other maps I hadn't noticed had the same error work as well. However, one jailbreak map displays that it can't find package SkeletalChars. Is this one downloadable as well?

It seems now that all the files you are missing are part of the BonusPack4 which can be found here: BonusPacks

And it might be me, but i thought you only needed to add a umod to the systemfolder to extract it, but that didnt work for me. Am i doing something wrong or is Vista being a retard again ?

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
I've should been more clear - I have GOTY disk, but it's customized by me so it includes all bonus packs from 1 to 4 ("untouched" GOTY doesn't have BP4) :)