UT MH-UPSX-E2L7

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
PLZ.. I know you are a big unreal fan and surely like the unreleased Unreal PSX maps but I see no way how a normal 08/15 player like me should be able to play THIS map (I now mean only the Monsterhunt version). Really not. Its a big chaotic something. In my opinion you should maybe consider to release this rather as a Bunnytrack map, I think thats more realistic, or beside the MH. I tried the MH several times, and each time I only thought "What the hell do I have to do there? I don`t get it!"
This map gave me already a longer time where you released it a big headache.
Maybe its really only me and other are happier about this, but I am unhopefully overextended.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I think the only problem in these maps is that I have given them too low ammo (there was hardly none, but since the difficulty increased with more monsters, I could have added few more). But it is not impossible either and if it will cost you dying (or just way until the weps will respawn to gain more ammo), it is better that way since it is meant to be challenging. The problem begins in the SP map, if you are not playing it in coop since there you get very low ammo, but for SP experience you can try playing the originals or the coop versions, they have no extra monsters added, except the n version of E2L6B_F which has nitrogenslith instead of normal ones and the asbestossuit locker and freezing water, which I reused in the MH version.
Besides you can look at lots of other MH maps, some have jumping involved and a lot, maybe more than this.

SamuraiJake

Totally Oldschool
Apr 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
I tried it out. :)

I always thought that the PSX maps would make for an interesting MH map, and after trying this out, it really isn't that bad. But it could use a little bit of work. One thing I really didn't like was that at the beginning, after I went through the water section teleporter, The Squid and Devilfish kept coming through the teleporter. In extreme cases, the Devilfish would stay on that small platform, making me bounce off the platform constantly. This also occurred during the final boss battle, where the Giant Gasbag would float over the platform and push me away from it. I think that one way to fix this is to make the platform a little bigger, but that's just my opinion. Plus, I can see where Creavion is coming from, it can be a little tricky to figure out what to do sometimes.

Other than that, not bad Leo. Just a little more work and I think it could be a pretty neat MH map. :)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yeah I am aware of that...but I wanted to do the map fast (I did it in two days after all and it required me to try to rebuild the map many times to get rid of bsp holes)...also I should have probably added fakebackdrop in the rotating platform with armor area above....the original map didn't have skybox but since it is merged with E2L7A it has skybox and it would fit in, also maybe more ammo as I said....and I didn't realize one sound wasnt played that I triggered to one specialevent in the easter egg.

But I am not updating it, it can stay as it is, as it isn't anything critical.