Please Help - Mouse Aceleration is it possible?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UTnewbie

Jun 20, 2000
Brisbane
Visit site
Hey thanks for reading my post,

I've gotten used to mouse aceleration in other games such as Quake3 (I also used it in windows) and would very much like to have this feature turn on in UT.

Unfortunatly, I'm unable to locate this feature. Can anyone please give me some advice on how I can activate this feature.

I'm using a MS intellimouse explorer on the USB port with intellipoint software.

Best regards

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
It's in your Preferences menu. Look for Input and you will see the mouse speed. Change it to the speed you feel comfortable with.

bullet2.gif

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][

CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

BigSpike|MyU

Skilled
Jun 4, 2000
Kansas
Visit site
I don't know about acceleration, but there IS a setting to adjust your mouse sensitivity in UT, and it is under the preferences tab under input I believe. If you set it up past the default of 3.00 it WILL make a difference. :D :D

[This message has been edited by BigSpike|MyU (edited 06-20-2000).]

LLLola

Experienced
Jun 2, 2000
Visit site
There's another acceleration variable tucked away in the .ini file. Dinking with it will create funky effects -- set it too high, and you'll end up with your view/crosshairs lagging the mouse significantly, though smoothly.

MouseSmoothThreshold=0.200000

Try it at 0.8...

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
He's probably talking about Mouse Speed/Sensitivity. In Q3A there is a very inconvienient slider. In UT, there is a MUCH better entry field. :)

I personally have mine set to 10. This mouse is HUGE so I need it. I have an MS Intellimouse Cordless.

bullet2.gif

Kukuman|PuF
Batai D'va! http://www.realsystems.ws/

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS d- s-:-- a--- C+++ UL++ P L++ E--- W++ N+ o? K? w O? M-- V? PS PE Y PGP? t--- 5? X-
R+ tv+ b+ DI D- G e- h! r--- z--
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
http://www.geekcode.com/

Tortoise brand, the pot cleaner, specially selected, the pot cleaner, the best pot cleaner in the world is specially selecteeeeed, it's Tortoise braaaaand!