PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands DLC Released Today - Coming Soon For PC

hal
24th Nov 2009, 09:35 PM
Gearbox sends word that Borderlands first DLC - The Island of Dr. Ned - has been released for Xbox 360 and PS3. The PC version is "coming soon"

Blast through exploding Tankensteins, crawling torsos, and were-skags as you explore Jakob's Cove - just make sure to aim for the head! Need more convincing? Check out the official trailer to see Borderlands' zombies in action!

If you're playing on the 360, you can buy the DLC right now through Xbox LIVE's site! Visit this link to learn more! For PS3 users, check out the PSN store via your PS3, where the content will be available today!

akstylish
24th Nov 2009, 09:46 PM
Haha, zombies. Of course.

Kantham
24th Nov 2009, 09:55 PM
In the mean time, hex'ed level editor FTW!

pine
25th Nov 2009, 01:21 AM
Not feeling any interest in this. Take away the lighthearted western theme and you take away a big chunk of what appeals to me about Borderlands.

Jacks:Revenge
25th Nov 2009, 02:13 AM
Take away the lighthearted western theme and you take away a big chunk of what appeals to me about Borderlands.
I agree with this sentiment.

now I'll still be getting the xpac, but only because I want to for my character. he needs new places to shoot up, a raise on his levelcap, and shiny new loot. otherwise, I'm not all that thrilled about the choice of style.
it also seems like a weird progression. we were just in a Tatooine-like (see: Star Wars) desert-world with backwater hicks and Mad Max gangs running amok. now there's an island full of zombies? seems like somebody just wanted to hop on the bandwagon before its wheels fell off since they have another popular CO-OP game on their hands.

Sjosz
25th Nov 2009, 02:05 PM
GiantBomb's QuickLook video of the DLC:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-the-zombie-island-of-dr/17-1685/

Darkdrium
25th Nov 2009, 04:58 PM
Coming soon for PC.... Gad damn. I hope they figure out how to distribute this for the PC people...

Anyways, we got the editor now :D Hopefully the problems with it can be fixed/worked around.

Fuzzle
25th Nov 2009, 08:52 PM
I love borderlands, but can't quite get enthused about this dlc. I've watched the videos or whatever, but it still just seems like random filler, even if the environments look as different as they do.