Neat Trick! How did they do it?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I was playing on Roosters sever. A couple of clan members, (I don't remember their names or the clan) did this really neat trick. The map was McSwartzly. They grab the flag, go down the stairs(Where the RL is), translocate through the opening. Somehow pickup the flag, then continue to their base.

Anybody else see this trick?

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yea, I've seen people do that on Face too. They grab the flag, go to the top of the tower, toss the xloc beacon to the ground. Then they jump out off the tower, translocate, and catch the flag as it hits the ground. It's pretty cool.

GunnerX

2345 Posts
Mar 14, 2000
Canadia
www.gunnerx.com
Ashram was showing us this trick the other day on Rooster's server. It's pretty neat. I was actually able to do it too.

How is it done? Well:

Grab flag, run downstairs, throw trans outside, with your back against the window, translocate. Jump and grab the flag. Then you can swim under water to your base, or you can impact hammer up to the walkways.

It just takes practice to do it well.

bullet2.gif

imu2.gif
[MUTTS]GunnerX

-Sigless-

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
*LOL*
They saw me!!!
Hehehe. ITs easy. All I did was, take the flag into the basement and r,er,*computer crashes*svgfd sagvv
And thats it. Quite simple ^_^

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
LOL at Dragon.

Thats right I saw ya, buddy. And I dragged my entire clan into an empty server to make them practice it ;)

Once again, huge thanks to |C| clan for the exhibition they gave ]LoL[ last week, you guys Rock!

bullet2.gif

All I wanna do is zooma zoom zoom zoom and a Boom Boom!!!
]LoL[Boom|PuF

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
You can do that move on CTF-Command too. If you're on red trying to cap the blue's flag...Just take the flag and run into the room directly behind the flag post. Then goto that little part in the center of the room(with the four square holes leading down). Turn your back to it and move up against it, teleport(now the flag is in the hole structure), teleport into the hole structure, grab the flag, drop through one of the holes and you're outta there. Sounds like alot but if you practice it you can do it in like 3 seconds.

bullet2.gif

You like that?

Kmart

Jun 13, 2000
Visit site
Also (in commad), you can get into the top part of the 4-holed area without the TL. Can be done with or without the flag.
Stand at an angle to the hole facing it, then dodge forward as if your trying to dodge into the hole from an angle, and quickly strafe sideways into it. Takes mucho practice, but when you get it, its much faster than the TL bit :D

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Ya know, I could have sworn I saw a DFB member do that once in a scrimmage, and I just stood there dumbfounded. He acted like it was the most normal thing in the world. I tried to convince everyone that what I saw WASN'T the translocator trick...

I THOUGHT I saw him tumble into the hole... freakiest damn thing I ever saw. :)

bullet2.gif

|C|Rooster|PuF
Defenseman for |C|ondemned

F

[F-U]Ruffrider

Danny1 showed me how to do this on orbital. It works both ways. You can use it to get outta base with flag, and in base with flag.

bullet2.gif

AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"
In the words of Boom... "Boom!"

Just because I'm a HPB doesn't mean I can't kick your A$$!

[MUTTS] Das

Mar 13, 2000
Hmmmmmm....

I seem to remember times when you could drop the flag or an item and it sticks through a wall to the other side....does that sound familiar or is it just my imagination? Might be a bug and not something that could be purposefully repeated...(and it would be pretty lame anyway)

Scott
[MUTTS] Das

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
My friend has claimed to do that too Rooster. The dodge trick on command that is. I didn't believe him at first but I guess it's true. Another thing that's funny to do on command is when you have the enemy flag(especially on red), take it and impact hammer jump up into one of the pipes in your base. No one hardly ever looks there and the glow from your flag is hard to see if you stand way in the back of the pipe. Plus if you're in the red base you can go into the pipe with the "quad" ;) damage and use it for defense. Just another useless tip. :)

bullet2.gif

You like that?