The Haunted v3 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The Haunted v3 has been released in anticipation of the Make Something Unreal Contest final round. The team has made a number of changes in this build:

• New Map 'Excavation'
  • Extended melee system, enemies can be knocked over, stunned etc. and finished off
  • New and improved animations like mantling over obstacles
  • Improved ragdoll behaviour with more weight
  • 3 new types of explosives
  • Various balancing tweaks
  • Various Hud tweaks
  • Various new and improved effects

As far as future plans for The Haunted:

We will now switch over to UDK. We plan to release a demo version and then turn Haunted into a standalone download title. Also, we want to thank all Haunted players for the support and feedback that helped to shape the game into what it is today!

Swanky

Natural Born Killer - Yoshi!
Jan 29, 2004
Germany
www.swankl.de.vu
Very good move, porting mods over to the UDK, so a much larger array of people will be able to test the mod. Myself included. There seems to be a huge faction of Zombie / Horrormods around these times.

Alopexau

Mar 28, 2005
I haven't tried V3 yet.. but can anyone tell me if the custom maps for V2 still work properly? TH-Bayou and TH-Lighthouse are great maps.. I'll be rather upset if these don't get ported to or included in the UDK release.

The_Head: UT3 jailbreak development hasn't stopped has it?

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
We will now switch over to UDK. We plan to release a demo version and then turn Haunted into a standalone download title.

Whilst it really stand out as a mod, GL HF making it standalone with the competition out there. :hmm:
Namely KF and L4D.