PDA

View Full Version : Power leveling.... lulz!

Sir_Brizz
8th Nov 2009, 10:21 AM
Last night I decided I wanted to pull my lowly level 7 Hunter out of despair, so I jumped into a game with level 50 Haarg and camped around while he killed things.

Needless to say I went from level 7 to level 28 in no time.

Then I had him trade a weapon from my level 38 Berserker, my Solid Volcano sniper rifle. Now I can rape everything. Weeeeeee!!!! :D

Jackal
8th Nov 2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah it's hillarious to power level up like that. But once I got back in game to SP, it was really boring because everything would die with a single bullet and I could just walk into the fights and punch people without getting hurt.

I haven't advanced very far in the game myself. I was a level 13, so all my missions were still on par with me, but now they are level 16 and level 18 people/creatures and are still easy to kill off. lol

Still, it's a load of fun.

Sir_Brizz
8th Nov 2009, 10:46 AM
I have fun with it. The more annoying thing is that all the drops are lower level than I want. But I can just run through the missions at the beginning which I've done a dozen times by now.

Kantham
8th Nov 2009, 12:06 PM
In the ways of the master, you must learn.

I had a Roland level 1 pop up on DarkDrium's level 50 Rakk Hive fight after a random gayspy disconnect. It was hilarious how fast my level 1 Roland leveled after Rakks. And for some reasons his team classmod which provides health regen, made me survive the suicidal Rakks.

Randy clearly said "You paid 50 bucks, you do what you want with your game" :B

Jacks:Revenge
8th Nov 2009, 05:39 PM
I was about to try some powerleveling with my lvl13 Brick and my buddies lvl50 Siren this week, but I decided it's more enjoyable to bring him up on his own so that I can actually make use of all the new loot I come across.

if this game were really an MMO, powerlevel would be great for having alt characters for different tasks. but since this is still basically a singleplayer FPS, it takes some of the fun out of the experience of just playing, imo.

pine
9th Nov 2009, 01:27 AM
I agree with Jacks. Powerleveling is pretty pointless unless all you want to do with that character is jump into other peoples' co-op games. Otherwise it just ruins your own singleplayer experience.

Sir_Brizz
9th Nov 2009, 01:29 AM
Well, it's not like I'm skipping part of the game ;) I want to rush through the first few sections. I've done them several times now.

JohnDoe641
9th Nov 2009, 01:05 PM
I agree with Jacks. Powerleveling is pretty pointless unless all you want to do with that character is jump into other peoples' co-op games. Otherwise it just ruins your own singleplayer experience.
lol, I made that mistake last night. I joined hal and bruzz to see what the co-op was like, and within seconds I leveled up from 19 to 20. I quickly left after that. :lol:

KaL976
10th Nov 2009, 01:08 PM
Another thing to watch out for is picking up quests [online] you can't turn in yet [in SP] due to your own level not being high enough.
I was trying to figure out how to get the middle of nowhere bulletin board to accept some I'd done for a while before the penny dropped.