UE3 - UT3 Triggering with a specific kActor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UNSOUND

Oct 24, 2009
Hey.

I was wondering is it possible to have a trigger activated with a specific kActor. So far I've only achieved to get the trigger activate with any kActor, which isn't what I need.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You mean a Touch event? Well, that event has an Instigator output variable. Have you tried comparing that variable's content against another object variable referencing your KActor? (condition "Compare Objects")

UNSOUND

Oct 24, 2009
Hey thanks, that worked. I had tried with compare objects before, but I didn't know how to it set up properly until I read your post.

I managed it in an earlier mockup map, where I had already gotten triggering with kActor touch working, though now I'm for some reason unable to build the same set up in a newer map, heh. I know there's a checkbox hiding somewhere, either checked, or unchecked. :D

/edit.
Oh right, you have to first add the static mesh as static mesh and then convert it to kActor, instead of adding it as rigidbody. That was the problem this time. Funny.

Last edited: