PDA

View Full Version : UE3 - UT3 Sounds is cutting out in cutscenes

Stabco
18th Oct 2009, 10:18 PM
Hi all,

I've got a map with some cutscenes in it. I would like music to play both in and out of said cutscenes, so I set up a kismet node on level start to play the song. The song will not play during the opening cutscene, but it starts when it's over. The song also cuts out, and doesn't resume, if I enter any other cutscenes.

The music seems to go away if I use any Director / Camera tracks that move the camera view away from the player.

I tried setting the target of the music to both Player and Camera. No good.

Any help would be very much appreciated, as this is the last thing I need to do. ARGH!

Angel_Mapper
18th Oct 2009, 10:21 PM
Is it stock music? If not, did you set its sound group to Music? (Right click the sound in the content browser).

Stabco
18th Oct 2009, 10:35 PM
Also, the music dies if the player does.

Stabco
19th Oct 2009, 12:12 AM
Is it stock music? If not, did you set its sound group to Music? (Right click the sound in the content browser).

It is custom music. I set them to Music group, no good. ><

Stabco
19th Oct 2009, 01:18 AM
Also, the music dies when I enter a vehicle? What that...

Stabco
20th Oct 2009, 10:31 PM
Well, I resolved it, but it feels like a bit of a hack. There's got to be a better way around it. My music now plays in a matinee that continuously loops, until another song needs to play.

Hourences
21st Oct 2009, 03:24 AM
You are just using the wrong target. You cant use the player. If you enter a vehicle or a cutscene that hides the player thus your music. Use any static actor for your music. Any light, or staticmesh, anywhere in the level. No attenuation node in the sound cue. And done.