PDA

View Full Version : few questions about jailbreak

snypercore
6th Oct 2009, 06:29 PM
hi,
i have previously run homebrew apps on lots of different devices (psp's,nokia's etc..) and have recently got myself a new iphone 3gs. obviously jailbreaking interested me but i have heard so many varied stories about it and couldnt answer all my questions with online research so i thought id post here and ask.

firstly..

when "jailbreaking" is a custom firmware installed?

what happens to a jailbroken iphone when its plugged into itunes and a new official update is due?

can apple brick your iphone for jailbreaking?

also being that im running windows i have read a tut on jailbreaking a 3.1 iphone but the tut said if the phone was preintstalled with it it wouldnt work, im pretty sure but not 100% my 3gs was preinstalled with 3.1 so can i still jailbreak? if so any good links to a tut?

if my firmware is flashed, or i need to restore my iphone will i lose all my apps that i have payed for from the app store?

any help with these questions would be appreciated.

also providing i can jailbreak any links to good sources of homebrew apps and general jailbreak stuff would be appreicated.

also i understand that jailbreaking may void warranties and that the phone CAN be bricked from running apps that fail or i mess with the firmware but my question about apple bricking it still applies

thanks

:)

DannyMeister
6th Oct 2009, 06:41 PM
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=181262

SirTahngarth
6th Oct 2009, 08:32 PM
Just for the record, I did a google search for "Jailbreak" and Jailbreaking" and "Jailbreak" and this forum wasn't even on the top page of my search results for any of them. So, how people are arriving here is beyond me.

DannyMeister
6th Oct 2009, 08:36 PM
Probably because people are searching for "Jailbreak forum" where we rank very highly

G.Lecter
7th Oct 2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah it's the first result when you search for 'jailbreak forum'... but you don't have to be a genious to notice this is not an iphone-related site do you? :p
I bet all these threads are being made by the same guy... ;)