DHT problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Im having a "DHT: Waiting to login" problem with uTorrent.

I know all of the ports are being fowarded correctly.

[screenshot]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/dotnetbeast/port.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited:

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
did you disable dht? (maybe accidental or by updating?)

what does the network status thingie say? should be a green circle. hover over it to see if there are any errors with your connection.

you could also try updating to the utorrent 2.0 beta.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
did you disable dht? (maybe accidental or by updating?)

what does the network status thingie say? should be a green circle. hover over it to see if there are any errors with your connection.

you could also try updating to the utorrent 2.0 beta.

The beta worked. Thanks somehow it worked.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I have a DHT problem too:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68082.php

P.S: With regards to torrent clients, I think dht is the system used to find other potential download sources besides the ones that directly identifiable via the torrent. In other words, I think it searches for other torrents that have the same files, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

dannydesil

Nov 24, 2009
Whenever I download something, I get a DHT is firewalled error in azureus. If I use public servers, there is no problem whatsoever. But if I use a private one, I have some problems.

As you can see, my NAT is fine but my DHT isn't.

Just a little info. I have a westell 2200 modem/router set to no firewall mode that is going to my Linksys wrt4g router. When I download from BT, I hardwire it. I know the wrt4g has problems with p2p software, and that is basically why I'm using Azureus because everything else seems so screwy.

So, how do I fix my DHT? I really want to d/l at reasonable speeds from private trackers...