Looking for various CTF-styled gametypes/mutators.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
Hey. I'm looking for a few alterations to CTF. I think I remember these existing, although I can't find the old UT mutator/mod sites I used to go to.

Two gametypes I'm looking for in particular.

First, I remember some kind of one-flag CTF thing where you had a flag in the middle of the map, and one team would have to carry it to the other side's base to score.

Also, was there ever a mutator that changed the regular CTF rules so that instead of touching a flag to return it to your base, you'd have to actually carry it back? Or, alternatively, there'd be an auto-return timer for dropped flags, and it couldn't be returned otherwise?

Thanks!

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
Hey, great! Thanks!

I also noticed that MultiCTF has a one flag mode, but the map archive for that seems rather... gone. Know where I might find those.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Is Apprehension a mutator or a gametype? I have it installed but it doesn't show up anywhere.

medor

Mar 15, 2009
After instal this http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/CTF/ctf4.zip you must change name maps like that:
CTF-[4]-Namemap.unr

exemple:
CTF4-Crossroads.unr to CTF-[4]-Crossroads.unr

exemple of mapvote:
CustomGameConfig[3]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="CTF4.CTF4Game",NewPrefix="SLVCTF4",Mutators="SmartCTFX01.SmartCTFX,SmartCTFX01.SmartCTFXBinds,SLV204XM.StrangeArena,Revenge2.RevengeMutator,Pheonix.PheonixMut,AS-FlagsCC.CustomFlags4,heineken2.heineken2,DoubleJumpUT.DoubleJumpUT,NoSLPickup110.PickupMutator,RextendedCTFv2-2.RexCTF",Settings="GoalTeamScore=5.000000,TimeLimit=20,bPlayersBalanceTeams=False,bSubtraction=False,bMultiWeaponStay=True,bElimination=False,bDistribution=False,bBalanceTeams=True,FriendlyFireScale=0.0,bTournament=False,bautopause=False,MaxPlayers=8,MaxTeams=4,MaxSpectators=0,MinPlayers=4,bForceRespawn=True")

Last edited:

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Nevermind about it, it shows up now. I must of had an older version of it. The one from ut-files is no good.

Does flag effects work for normal ctf?

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
Wait, how did you get Apprehension working? I still haven't had any success with it.

I also have a lot of empty spaces on my gametype menu from mods I apparently deleted. How do I get rid of those?

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Wait, how did you get Apprehension working? I still haven't had any success with it.

The one I downloaded from ut-files wasn't working. Saw the one here http://uncommonplace.com/games/apprehension.html and installed it. It didn't appear to be much bigger, only 3 kb bigger, but behold, it appears in the gametypes now. Maybe having CTF4 installed helped too but I don't know.

My god, 4 team apprehension with flag effects is bloody crazy:lol: