All your bank accounts are belong to us!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I found billions of sources on this, so I just picked one...
http://kfyi.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=118695&article=5824042 said:
Section 163 of the bill states that the government would be allowed real-time access to a person's bank records - including direct access to bank accounts for electronic fund transfers.

Even-though the bill mentions privacy aspects, the fact remains that if approved, Obama's health care plan will give the government permission at any time to your personal bank records.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m.../30/e-mail-analysis-health-bill-needs-check-/

Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. Barely True: Section 163 sets out goals for electronic health records. One of the goals is to include features that "enable electronic funds transfers, in order to allow automated reconciliation" between payment and billing. The legislative summary says the intent in the section is "to adopt standards for typical transactions" between insurance companies and health care providers. The legislation generically describes typical electronic banking transactions and does not outline any special access privileges.

Now this source claims that is barely true. Now who is correct?

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Yuck. If ever the government over here breaks banking secrecy, I'm out. I mean, it's all fine for the taxman to go running after people that live beyond their income but you have to leave a chance to those who are close to being poor to make enough cash so they can start their own legit business or something.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I haven't read the exact wording of the bill, so I can't say for sure.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026733_health_health_care_healthcare.html

Some other disconcerting things from there:
Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
Is all of that true? I dunno, I haven't read the bill myself, as I said. But based on other things we know about the bill, I'm not inclined to believe any of these are very false.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Hey Brizz, how about a little fact checking? You're like my mom who keeps forwarding the emails about how bill gates will pay her for every email sent and she's always surprised that snopes has debunked that already.

from the politifact link already posted on this thread:

Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed! False: Section 122 outlines broad categories of benefits that must be included in an essential benefits package. It prohibits cost-sharing for preventive care and limits annual out-of-pocket spending to $5,000 for an individual and $10,000 for a family, indexed for inflation. It says nothing about rationing or limiting treatment.

• Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process) Barely True: Section 123 establishes a Health Benefits Advisory Committee that makes recommendations on what types of health insurance coverage will be defined as basic, enhanced or premium. The committee will be chaired by the surgeon general, with members appointed by the president, the comptroller general, and representatives of federal agencies. This committee makes recommendations on insurance regulations, so in that sense it does set standards for benefits. But it does not make decisions about treatments for individuals.

• Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free health care services. Pants on Fire! Section 152 includes a generic nondiscrimination clause, which says insurers may not discriminate with regard to "personal characteristics extraneous to the provision of high quality health care or related services." It says nothing about "non-US citizens" or immigrants, legal or otherwise. In fact, the legislation specifically states that undocumented aliens will not be eligible for credits to help them buy health insurance, in Section 246 on page 143.

• Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN) . Pants on Fire! Section 164 creates a temporary reinsurance program to help employers or employee associations pay for coverage for workers ages 55 to 64. It does not mention labor unions or community organizer groups, though presumably they could qualify for subsidies like any other employee association that previously offered health insurance. The section's point, however, is to offer subsidies to employer-based insurance programs, not unions or community organizers.

• Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan. False. Section 205 says the Health Choices commissioner is charged with publicizing the options on the health care exchange. The legislation says the commissioner "may work with other appropriate entities to facilitate the dissemination of information." The bill does not mention ACORN or Americorps. The bill also says that the commissioner must publicize the "Exchange-participating health benefits plan options," which would include private insurance plans.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.

Where did this come from? I see no mention of such listed on page 126.

Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages. Barely True. Section 225 discusses payments for physicians who choose to accept the public option insurance. Again, there may be a broader case to be made that the government can outcompete private insurers through the public option, but this section of the plan only applies to payments to doctors for patients who are part of the public option. The government does not set wages for doctors because doctors are free to decline to see the patients.

I see this as being an issue of concern all by itself. There are plenty of clinics/doctors' offices that refuse to take Medicare/Medicaid patients. What happens when a patient who is now publicly insured with this plan has a difficult time finding quality care because the doctor he used to see won't accept his new insurance? You know, finding and keeping the right doctor is important, too.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I see this as being an issue of concern all by itself. There are plenty of clinics/doctors' offices that refuse to take Medicare/Medicaid patients. What happens when a patient who is now publicly insured with this plan has a difficult time finding quality care because the doctor he used to see won't accept his new insurance? You know, finding and keeping the right doctor is important, too.

This happens with many insurance companies as well. Growing up we had to change family doctors when my dad's work changed insurance providers. It's a nuisance but nothing inherent nor exclusive to a public option.

~Jason

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002

Don't know if it's possible but it's become a trend here for people to take private insurance for health and retirement on top of what's offered by the employer or the government. I guess the country isn't wealthy enough to continue offering "all inclusive".

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
This happens with many insurance companies as well. Growing up we had to change family doctors when my dad's work changed insurance providers. It's a nuisance but nothing inherent nor exclusive to a public option.

~Jason
True, but most insurance companies have HMO/PPOs and most doctors in an area are members of those local groups.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Im surprised that this hasnt been done before. Hell even your cell phones are tapped.

Dont believe me? Call someone and say "President" and "Bomb" in the same sentence. Even if you say "The President is da bomb!" somebody will show up at your door.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Yuck. If ever the government over here breaks banking secrecy, I'm out. I mean, it's all fine for the taxman to go running after people that live beyond their income but you have to leave a chance to those who are close to being poor to make enough cash so they can start their own legit business or something.
EU -> USA SWIFT data transfer.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Im surprised that this hasnt been done before. Hell even your cell phones are tapped.

Dont believe me? Call someone and say "President" and "Bomb" in the same sentence. Even if you say "The President is da bomb!" somebody will show up at your door.

Good job it's harder to monitor the internet than it is a mobile phone otherwise that post could land you in a visit too...

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Hey Brizz, how about a little fact checking? You're like my mom who keeps forwarding the emails about how bill gates will pay her for every email sent and she's always surprised that snopes has debunked that already.

from the politifact link already posted on this thread:

But you don't understand dragonfliet, poor people will have health insurance.

POOR PEOPLE.

Honestly how is Obama's health care plan any different then government funded police and fire protection? The Government exists to server the people, but it can't do so for free.

The Right is going to fight any sort of push for a more progressive society.

Last edited:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Honestly how is Obama's health care plan any different then government funded police and fire protection? The Government exists to server the people, but it can't do so for free.
It's the difference between local/state and federal control of it. you know, the whole federalism, 10th and enumeration of powers thing? It's purpose is illustrated quite well with the few states that have attempted universal healthcare and are failing, but not taking down the whole country for the ride. gee, what a concept!

of course "progressives" don't like that since it gets in their way

oh, and the whole money thing. even taxing the rich at 100% won't pay for it...

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Blah, blah...

The Right is going to fight any sort of push for a more progressive society.

Uhm, I could also just randomly and generically characterize your "progressive" society as "regressive." After all, it's been tried many times before. And failed.

Brizz, stop wasting our time and please start yelling at town hall meetings. I want to see you on TV tonight with a raised fist.

Eminently useful comment. You people had no problem with the douchebags being disrespectful and downright retarded towards the conservatives in power whenever you thought they did something wrong. This stuff is positively mild by comparison.

Last edited: