UE3 - UT3 Where are all of the textures?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ChrisL33T

Jul 22, 2009
I'm sort of new and I am trying to make a terrain. When I go to the Generic Browser and go to packages, I can't find any textures... Where do you get textures?

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Check the Materials and Textures tab in the editor. You should see a lot then. If not hit the open button, go to Unreal Tournament 3 (not My Games)\UTGame\CookedPC\Environments\

A lot in there

ChrisL33T

Jul 22, 2009
I checked those, but I don't know how all of the folders are categorized. Which folders do I look in?

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Textures, meshes and other assets are all put together in the same package in UT3, unlike UT2k4 where there were seperate texture and mesh packages.

ChrisL33T

Jul 22, 2009
Oh, I see. I'm still very confused about where to find the textures. I'm used to Hammer's interface.

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
Once you open a package, make sure you have the correct type you want to see "selected" in the top left hand section of the Generic browser.