Controlling a server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
Hello all,

We were playing UT99 on our clan's server last night. Our server is hosted by www.gametracker.com I believe.

At the end of one of the games, we selected a map by mistake which took a LONG time (20 min?) to load. Then loading seemed to just stop (for all players), so we exited and tried to reconnect to the server. Then a completely different level tried to load and looked like it was going to take even longer, so we all gave up.

Today, I've just tried to connect, and the same level is trying to load.

Is there any way to avoid this? Stop it when it happens? Change the map to something else manually?

Also ...
If we are playing a game and we want to start again (due to newcomers), or just change map, is there a way to do this without waiting for the game to finish (by time or first to 25).

Thanks
SoftTouch

Glider of chaos

Ready 2 Fight !
Jan 25, 2004
Russia, St-Petersburg
I think you can switch the level with webadmin inteface (you need to know webadmin login-password).

Since you said you choose the map at the end of the round I guess you have mapvote installed on your server. This means you can vote midgame. Here's a string to summon voting frontend:
mutate BDBMAPVOTE votemenu

You can bind it to any key by inputing
set input semicolon mutate BDBMAPVOTE votemenu
to bind it to a semicolon key (semicolon used as example) ;)
Or you can open your user.ini file and add this string to any key you want

SoftTouch

Apr 6, 2009
Thanks Glider of chaos,

I'll have to ask about the webadmin thing.

I've added "mutate BDBMAPVOTE votemenu" to my config which will come in very handy.

Cheers
SoftTouch

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
What he said about, use webadmin to admin the server without actually being in the server.

You can also use Nexgen to admin the server from within' the server, should make starting/restarting/stopping easier since you'll already be in the game.

Although you can restart the game from web admin too, but you'll have to minimize the game and open up the web admin, using Nexgen you can do it in the game.