Team 17 Developing Alien Breed Sequel

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Worms developer Team 17 is (finally) developing a sequel to Alien Breed, called Alien Breed Evolved. The new game is being built with Unreal Engine 3 and will be digitally distributed by Team17 themselves. As of yet, platforms have not been mentioned but XBLA is assumed. The game is isometric view (think Alien Swarm). MTV Multiplayer had a chance to play the game at GDC this year, and posted up some thoughts about it yesterday.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
dubABalien.gif

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Used to be a fan of Team17 back in the amiga days, I think ATR was the first game I ever purchased for my own money.
I also used to have a signed cd from Bjørn Lynne who I met at a lan once, which got stolen during a party of all things. What bugs me is that the guy who took it probably doesnt have a clue or even cares who Bjørn is, but just thought it was valuable being signed.

Also a big fan of these birds-eye shooters. Just got done playing through shadowgrounds and sg:survivor, and have played through alienshooter:vengeance 3 or 4 times. Definitely looking forward to this, especially since online coop is confirmed, something which was absent in all of the shadowgrounds and alienshooter games.

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
It's great to see these old style shooters coming back into fashion with 21st century shizznaz because I love em.
This along with Shadow Complex makes for some good old fashioned button mashing mayhem.
Good stuff.

Lruce

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Sweet!! Alien breed was one of my fav Amiga games back in the day.. hell it was the reason why I bought the 1/2 meg upgrade board LoL. Team17 were my fav publishers/developers back then. Bring on the 2D worms sequels and Project-X now.