PDA

View Full Version : UE2 - UT2kX Pickups, spawning and frags

spongy
30th Jun 2009, 08:39 AM
Hi there, im working on a research project for a university using ut2004.

I was wondering if there was a way to identify if a human player has picked up a weapon or ammo, basically some kind of pickup?

Also if there a way to identify if the player has killed or been killed and output this to a log file?

Zur
30th Jun 2009, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to identify if a human player has picked up a weapon or ammo, basically some kind of pickup?

One solution is to extend existing Pickups and Weapons and have them output to log or send a message to another object/actor. You can then use a Mutator to swap standard items with the ones you've created.

Also if there a way to identify if the player has killed or been killed and output this to a log file?

In UT2004's equivalent of the Mutator class (hope Wormbo doesn't fault me for this ^^) there should be a function that explicitely does this. Something like PreventDeath() perhaps ? The UnrealWiki should have something to say on the topic.

Wormbo
2nd Jul 2009, 03:50 AM
PreventDeath is in GameRules, but it should be used in combination with ScoreKill in the same class, because PreventDeath can prevent death. (surprise! :p)

spongy
2nd Jul 2009, 06:19 AM
thank you, im still unsure how o get it all done but you guys have been very helpful!