PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Bleszinski On Gears Of War: "I'm Not Burned Out"

Dark Pulse
18th Jun 2009, 05:22 PM
Whether or not you're sick of Gears of War, Cliff sure isn't. In an interview with Official Xbox Magazine (http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=11448), Cliff talks about how he still has plenty of ideas left for future tales Marcus Fenix and company, as well as his desire to never work on licensed IPs.

Whenever I talk to people in the business, I ask "What are you working on?" and when they say "I'm working on a new IP," I say "Good for you!" Because I swear to god, if tomorrow someone came to Epic and forced me to do a licensed IP - "you have to make the new video game for the new Mummy movie" - I would go out back and put a shotgun in my mouth.

I'm sure Epic has a flak cannon or two somewhere...

Phopojijo
18th Jun 2009, 05:38 PM
CliffyB had an aneurysm.
(/2k4)

Mozi
18th Jun 2009, 05:40 PM
I have done my fair share of licensed IP's. It's tough to work on at times because the IP stakeholder set the rules and everything has to go through them.

An IP a studio owns is a not necessarily easy to work on as there are more risks to launch a new IP and sustain it but having your own idea does allow for a lot of creative liberties and no third party involvement driving the direction and ideas of a game.

TurdDrive
18th Jun 2009, 05:43 PM
hope it come out on PC

wishful thinking