View Full Version : *RUMOR* Gears 2 for pc

Capt.Toilet
12th Jun 2009, 12:08 AM
This board is dead, so why don't I liven it up a bit

http://pc.ign.com/articles/994/994129p1.html

Time for discussion, so discuss!!!

Crotale
12th Jun 2009, 08:48 AM
Let me guess...it will be Windows 7 only compatible.

TurdDrive
12th Jun 2009, 09:12 AM
woooo

hang on why is this good?

Enfluence
12th Jun 2009, 10:41 AM
It isn't

StalwartUK
12th Jun 2009, 12:27 PM
If it's anything like how Gears 1 was, then they might as well not bother.

UBerserker
12th Jun 2009, 12:46 PM
woooo

hang on why is this good?

It has a ****ing nice SP campaign and one of the best I ever played in my gaming history, unlike GOW1 which was only generic cover&shoot for the entire game. MP still suck though.

And no, the PC won't get it.

BITE_ME
12th Jun 2009, 04:29 PM
"preliminary box shot with the Games for Windows logo stamped on the front and limited edition details."

I don't like Red.

Mozi
12th Jun 2009, 05:45 PM
Well hopefully it does not have any "missing" / exclusive PC chapters like GoW 1 PC. If so I may have to pick it up if does in fact see the light of day. :eek:

Xavi
12th Jun 2009, 05:46 PM
Uhmm......that would be nice even if it only comes for windows 7 , what worries me a bit is the GFWL , isnt supported in many countries like mine, thats why i skipped the first one. They should improve GFWL first .

Kantham
12th Jun 2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah seen this too. But the thing is that...

Sorry, can't give you hope. We've said publically many times that there will not be a Gears 2 PC.

Thanks,

Rod.

Sir_Brizz
12th Jun 2009, 07:49 PM
All he really said there was "If I had something to say, I wouldn't be able to say it." :)

Firefly
13th Jun 2009, 04:07 AM
Adding to the Metal Gear Solid rumor is another Games Press listing for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for the PSP. Other than a wide-open 2010 release date .

This bot's getting better.
:)

Hideinlight
13th Jun 2009, 01:37 PM
Uhmm......that would be nice even if it only comes for windows 7 , what worries me a bit is the GFWL , isnt supported in many countries like mine, thats why i skipped the first one. They should improve GFWL first .

Same problem here, GFWL doesn't support my country either.

pooert
15th Jun 2009, 12:29 PM
It has a ****ing nice SP campaign and one of the best I ever played in my gaming history, unlike GOW1 which was only generic cover&shoot for the entire game. MP still suck though.

And no, the PC won't get it.

You're kidding right? GOW2 is one of the most played games on xbox live

UBerserker
15th Jun 2009, 01:54 PM
Those who manage to like it. But if you look further the other 50% of GOW players (including me) can't stand the MP.

Popularity =/= Greatness.

Kantham
15th Jun 2009, 02:13 PM

Oh please. Just because a game is "most played" it doesn't make it a good MP game. Like how these console players play CoD WAW more than COD MW. Why? Because it's the latest, that's how dumb they roll.

Game popularity.

Sjosz
15th Jun 2009, 02:20 PM
Oh please. Just because a game is "most played" it doesn't make it a good MP game. Like how these console players play CoD WAW more than COD MW. Why? Because it's the latest, that's how dumb they roll.

Game popularity.

Oh please, have you even played Gears2 MP? If yes, and you still think that your argument holds, you must be in it for something else than a good deal of fun?

Kantham
15th Jun 2009, 02:25 PM
I'm not even going into details. (http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=356)

I still want this game for PC, but it's not really happening. Heh.

Joker_1124
16th Jun 2009, 08:04 PM
Well, I have no doubts it is coming to PC. The question is how soon..

When Gears of War launched on Xbox 360 they said it was Xbox 360 only with no chance of a PC version, they kept that stance until about 3-4 months before the PC release.

Personally I went to a midnight launch with a friend and went to his house that night and played system link all night, but we both ended up selling our copies about 3 months in because the matchmaking is BS.

Why they couldn't have kept it the way Gears of War worked where you just went to a server list and choose one is beyond me. Also I got tired of playing one map and then having to go pick another, I preferred the idea of making a map list and playing until I got tired and fell over.

Northrawn
17th Jun 2009, 10:20 AM

And that makes it good?

The music most people lsiten to is the best?
The movies with biggest audiences are best?
The TV-SHows with the most viewers are best?

and so on...

Sorry dude, for others quality is not quantity.

tool
26th Jun 2009, 10:41 AM
There are some pretty retarded replies in this thread.

I hope the rumors of a Gears of War 2 are true. I enjoyed the single player for GoW1, and I have no desire to buy an Xbox 360 for just one game.

Fuzz
11th Jul 2009, 08:49 AM
I hope the rumors of a Gears of War 2 are true. I enjoyed the single player for GoW1, and I have no desire to buy an Xbox 360 for just one game.
I second that.

McMonkeyBoy
13th Jul 2009, 12:03 PM
I've completed it on the Xbox and bought a second 360 after RRoD just to play GoW2 online with but by God I'll buy GoW2 the day it's released on PC if it's true. The reasons simple, the engine hasn't changed so the capabilities to make spectacular maps using GoW1, UT3 & GoW2 content is there!

UBerserker
13th Jul 2009, 01:38 PM
If they'll ever release it for the PC (I don't think so anyway), I hope they'll put out a proper editor which won't crash all the freaking time.

McMonkeyBoy
14th Jul 2009, 06:05 AM
I'd give my left leg for them to make the latest editor without crashes. The more patches we apply the worse it gets! I think I'd be happy if they just released all of the static meshes/textures/materials & other enviromental components in a sort of one off download pack.

BooGiTyBoY
6th Aug 2009, 11:20 AM
Oh please. Just because a game is "most played" it doesn't make it a good MP game. .....
Game popularity.

One word to support this theory.

Halo.

One of the worst and most generic fps ive ever played (SPECIALLY MP) and completely undeserving of it's popularity.

It's the counterstrike of consoles...

Bishop F Gantry
9th Aug 2009, 10:47 AM
Um yeah Gow2 on pc would be nice if its not released in such a half arsed state as Gow1 for PC was in, and have some decent multiplayer options...

Sir_Brizz
9th Aug 2009, 11:31 AM
That's precisely why it never will be. There was nothing inherently wrong with Gears 1 (except the Live Gold thing, which is now resolved).

q_mi_4_3
10th Aug 2009, 09:18 PM
The way Epic handled the Gears 1 PC release is not flawless. There has been almost no change from the core game with the exception of some single player levels and the inclusion of GfWL (not listing required changes such as PC controls).

By the time Gears 1 PC was release, it can be considered an old game. It is unfair of Epic to think the PC market will treat this delayed port as some new AAA title, and then say it failed when the PC players went and play other new titles. If the PC port was only a few months behind (ideally no longer than 3), then it probably would have attracted a big crowd. Unfortunately, the port was released an entire year later. The gaming scene has moved on by then, and Epic should have blamed that failure on their own bad timing and not on pirates or PC gamers themselves.