PDA

View Full Version : CBP3: Volume 3 ist not working and corrupting UT3

antineff
3rd Jun 2009, 03:00 PM
Hi,

I got a lot of MODs and Maps installed with my UT3 installation and it is all working well. Now I installed that new Pack and none of the Maps appear in the selection menues. Even worse: My formerly installed Domination mod from ut3dom.xantaz.net disappeared with all its gametype entries! Horror!!!

Why can't you guys simply make a zip with a contents that is only to be copied into the MyGames folder like all the other freaks do? Why do you have to mess around with the original installation. Now this is what i get! Hope you have an idea to solve this problem! Sorry, but I'm quite angry about that!

TheSpoonDog
3rd Jun 2009, 06:59 PM
The Domination mod has problems when two different versions have been installed.

Please read our DOWNLOAD/HELP SECTION (http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/download#install-pc) and follow steps 1-9 under volume 3 there.

The Domination mod, unfortunately, *has to be* installed to Program Files, not My Documents, ever since version 2.0. That's is why there is an installer. There is a zip version for download there too, though, for people who prefer that.

The installer should definitely not affect any installed content other than Domination. Basically the only thing the installer does is place map/character/script files in the right locations, as it's easier for some people than having to remember where to put everything and do it manually.

Angel_Mapper
3rd Jun 2009, 07:33 PM
Just curious, why does the Dom mod have to be installed to that directory?

TheSpoonDog
3rd Jun 2009, 07:54 PM
I don't really know... you'd have to ask {SW}Snake .

antineff
4th Jun 2009, 04:01 PM
Well, I think I found somewhat like a solution myself. I think the main problem was, that I installed the pack "for everyone on my computer". This results in no installed map and the "old" Domination gametype gone. But there was a new entry "Herrschaft", since I'm using the german Version of UT3 and which is the german word for domination. So I uninstalled the pack again, installed the old Domination mod and reinstalled the CBP3 pack only for myself. Now all the maps are playable, but there is no gametype "Herrschaft" anymore but a second Domination entry. And there are the same Domination maps in both entries. Funny! I thing there is still some work for you to do to work those issues over!

Thank you anyway. The maps are great! ;)

TheSpoonDog
4th Jun 2009, 05:27 PM
The issue with two dominations is caused by two versions of domination... you need to follow the steps I linked to above on our download/help page, to fully get rid of domination on your computer before installing the pack.

antineff
7th Jun 2009, 03:49 AM
Well, yes, but this is what I surely do NOT want. Getting rid off the old Dom mod means, getting rid of the Double Dom, Vehicle Dom, Vehicle Double Dom and the three and four team Gametypes as well, as I understand those instructions. I think it's better to have two Domination entries then unless you cannot manage to update an existing Dom installation (I think there are not too many Dom mods existing in the communities, as far as I have an overview).

Sorry for bashing you and the mod, but I'm not a friend of watching how one mod is swamping out another one.

TheSpoonDog
7th Jun 2009, 04:34 AM
Just to be clear... our pack does not swap out one mod for another one - it installs the latest version of the dom mod. The version in our pack is exactly the same as the latest release of the full UT3Dom (http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/download.php?list.2), except it has double-dom disabled via the .ini file, which you can uncomment if you want (because our pack has no double-dom maps and we don't want to clog peoples' gametype list with an empty gametype).

Granted, the latest release of UT3Dom has dropped the vehicle gametypes and multiteam-dm (but still has 3/4-team DOM and double dom), because there are barely any maps for them and barely any people playing them.

antineff
8th Jun 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for being that patient with me! If I understood everything right, I should leave now everything as it is, in case I like playing the vehicle thing and Deathmatch against red, green and yellow guys (yes, I am that rare). And if I would install the new UTDom 3.1 those gametypes will be gone.

antineff
10th Jun 2009, 02:07 AM
Well, as I read in the DOM 3.1 changelog that the vehicle part is only moved (and not dropped) into the other Domination Menu entries I gave the whole procedure a try: I followed your advices about the 9 Points in the help section. I uninstalled CBP3Vol3. Then I did the same with the old Dom version (BTW: The Dom-Cleaner didn't work very well. It indicated two files but wasn't able to delete them. So I had to do it manually.)

As I reinstalled CBP3Vol3 everything looked fine. The Dom Entries were gone, but there was a new one called "Herrschaft" and the 3/4 Team DM entries were still available.

Then I installed the new Dom 3.1. Afterwards everything looked clean. A little too clean for my taste: Ther was another new entry called "Doppelte Herrschaft" and I found the old vehicle maps in both of the two existing Dom entries. BUT: The 3/4 Team DM entries were gone! (I know, you stated that, but is wasn't mentioned in the Dom changelog).

Now: It's ok not to have those gametypes in the package anymore if you say only few peaople are interested in that, but I don't see a reason for deleting those entries as they worked well (and besides: I really loved playing against three teams!). So, is there any chance to reactivate those gametypes? I don't think they have to be reinvented as they already existed. I would appreciate a small seperate mod for the people who liked it. Thank you!

TheSpoonDog
10th Jun 2009, 04:18 AM
The only thing that is missing is 3/4 team Deathmatch - 3/4 team is still there for DOM, Double DOM (it's in the "mod settings" button before you start a match). In the end it's the Domination coder's decision to exclude things, not ours - we just like the DOM mod and want to include it so we can make levels for it. So you should plead to him to bring back 3/4 team DM (or just install the multi-team mod for UT3 - I believe that's out there somewhere).

antineff
10th Jun 2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks for advice! Yes, I have found the mod settings already and yes, it's Team Deathmatch (TDM) that I was talking about. Sorry, but I thought that the programmer of the mod looks up those forums from time to time as well and I also thought that you, SpoonDog, are somehow involved in the modding team too. So I believed my request was at the right adress.

But ok, I will look for the multiteam mod and if I find it, everything should be fine.

Please, don't get me wrong. What I criticise is that the modder lets people lick blood on something and then pulls the roast away. And you should know what happens if you take away a childs toy.

I really like the mod (and of course the maps), that is why I spend time discussing about it. Otherwise I would have gotten rid of it.

P.S.:
Meanwhile I searched the internet for the multi-team mod. There once was an alpha version by Catalyst but the link is dead. So there is still help/support required.

TheSpoonDog
10th Jun 2009, 05:35 PM
lol... for the rest of the roast, you should post on the UT3Dom forums (http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/e107_plugins/forum/forum.php). I really don't know more than what I've said already.

antineff
11th Jun 2009, 11:49 AM
:)

Ok, thank you so far anyway! This thread helped a lot to solve the issues I had with the Dom confusion I had in my UT3 system. And: I don't have to post in the Dom forums because somebody else already did. ( I found out, when I wanted to post there.) But if anybody finds this thread here, having the same problems that I had, (s)he should know where to go:

http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10

Thank you and keep up the good work!