UE2 - UT2kX Map not showing on our server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nyagrill

Dec 16, 2008
Sorry.Not sure if this is a server issue or a mappin issue.Please feel free to move to more appropriate sub forum if needed.

I uploaded a map and its needed files to our server and it does not show up in our web admin or map vote menu.

This has happened before with another map when I was missing files that it needed ( a mesh or texture etc.)

I fixed it with a previous map by finding what files the map was missing.

How I did that was opening the map in UED with a stock default UT install.Not one custom file in any folder.

UED gives me the missing file errors upon opening the map.That tells me what I need.

So I used that same technique for this map (problem map) when it didnt show up in web admin.I found what is was missing and sent those files to their correct FTP directories.

Restarted map and tried rebooting server too.

The map still doesnt show up in map vote or web admin.

What else could this be?

Can I edit the default mapvote list in the ut2004 ini to force it or will that just crash it because it APPARENTLY isn't recognizing the additional required files.( sound and a texture)

I dont think theres a version mismatch issue because when it I was all out of ideas I downloaded the sound and texture DIRECTLY from the server.I pulled the sound and texture I originally had out temporarily and installed the ones I ftp'd from our server folders.

I opened the map in UED and made sure it was using the texture and sound package that I just installed.Renamed,Rebuilt,and Resaved the level as a new name.

I uploaded that to the server and the SOB doesn't show.WTH?

Heres the one that really has me confused-
I took all the files (map,texture,sound) and installed them on a secondary pc that has a bone stock UT install on it and it shows up and runs fine.

After that I've exhausted all I know to do.I dont want to lose a couple of months work.I do not play instant action.

Thanks for any help.

nyagrill

Dec 16, 2008
first reply fixes it,yeah!

Oops.I completely forgot that I have a log to check.Sorry about that.Its been awhile since I messed with 2k4 admin stuff.

I checked log and found UCMP2 Churn was not loading.That is because BenTropicaMeshSM01 was failing to load.More than likely because it was not even there lol.

I FTP'd BenMesh to our mesh folder and voila.Churn and 2 months work saved.

Thanks so much Iron.I really appreciate it. ;)