[PC] Blur

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
From the authors of Project Gotham Racing, comes a new MidnightClub-like game. But with consistent powerups, like Extreme G or Wipeout I suppose.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/143/14350668.html

Made by the masters behind Project Gotham Racing and Metropolis Street Racer, Blur is a racing project by Bizarre Creations that aims to take arcade-style action and realistic driving physics to a whole new level. The game drops players into heart-pumping, electrified racing action with 20 cars on a track all targeting the finish line and battling each other as they trade paint and collect intense power-ups, including the ability to blast other cars out of the way with huge bursts of energy, boost their speed, and more.

While controlling photo-realistic cars, gamers can use offensive and defensive attacks as they battle for the lead and careen through real-world track locations ranging from L.A. and San Francisco to the streets of Hackney, UK and the treacherous roads of Barcelona, Spain.

Looking forward to it, but I have no high expectation for this game at this point.

Last edited:

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I'm a huge fan of the PGR series, so I'm definitely looking forward to this even if it's not a PGR game.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
I love how racing games kinda reached that zenith of sameness and every sales dropped with each "wait, which one's which?" sequel. So now developers are coming up with all sorts of wacky gimmicks to try and stand out.

Dunno if all the gimmicks will be winners, but all that matters is that at least one game gets it right. I just wish these games would tune down the glare a bit. Does every game have to look like a Fast and Furious reject?

Last edited:

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
I love how racing games kinda reached that zenith of sameness and every sales dropped with each "wait, which one's which?" sequel. So now developers are coming up with all sorts of wacky gimmicks to try and stand out.

Dunno if all the gimmicks will be winners, but all that matters is that at least one game gets it right. I just wish these games would tune down the glare a bit. Does every game have to look like a Fast and Furious reject?

Would you consider GRID one of those games?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I'm a HUGE fan of PGR, especially the first two, but this looks meh.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
So far yeah. The themes have a huge Boom Boom Rocket influence which isn't so bad I guess, kind of like NFS:Carbon. I suppose it'll be a shortly enjoyable game like juiced or something. Not a big keeper like say, Midnight Club 3. Why Rockstar Games... We need more of that ****!

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Looks like it's got plenty of motion blur :tup:

bizarre-creations-racing-project-untitled-20090518030330352_640w.jpg