Ut3 resets at startup

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
I've just got a new copy of Ut3. Installed on D:, applied the patch, launched... after a few seconds of black screen system resets. Not nice.

My system:

Windows XP with all the packs and updates
Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz
RV530 Pro
1GB RAM

External soundcard E-MU 0202
New monitor Flatron W2052V

What may be an issue I have a little free space on both partitions, gonna get a new HD today.

And yes, I cleaned my registry and disk beforehand.

From another issues: I have this CD key, but game never asked me to enter it?

EDIT: Installed newest card driver I could find.

Last edited:

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
the cd key will be required when you start the game.

It sounds like it could be overheating and resetting itself, is there any dust clogging up your graphics card?

Also what card do you have as RV530 is the chipset.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
Also what card do you have as RV530 is the chipset.
Hell knows, not been into new technologies for a long time. If it's not said in the manager neither on card itself, I have no idea how can I check it.

EDIT: core 500 Mhz, memory 396 Mhz, memory size 256MB. I guess its X1600 Pro.

It sounds like it could be overheating and resetting itself
Cleaned the machine for certainity. Now the meter peaks at 50C, but I used to run it over critical 60.

Found FAQ on Epic forum, tried following:
Getting a crash during the opening cinematic:
1) Go to My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
2) Open and edit the UTEngine.ini
3) Change PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled from False to True, and save the file. It should look like this: PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True.
All it gives is that desktop flashes before BSoD.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Check Device manager, open Display adapter and check what is said there:
89693344.jpg

Chances are you either have a too old card or you have system default driver, which prom the game's POV is pretty much the same.

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
This is just how I figured out its RV530 Pro :p No more info here unfortunatelly. Catalyst control centre says the same.

I remember the times when I could install any random game on my totally messed-up PC and it just worked.

Last edited:

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
Ok guys, it works since I installed RIGHt drivers.

Anyway, the performance at resonable gfx settings is so poor I won't bother anymore.