World of Fight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Enter the World of Fight!

Apparently, the chinese publisher 'the9', which was basically taking care of WoW in China until a few months ago, is currently working on a new chinese MMORPG called World of Fight, or rather, WoF. This new game will act as a competitor for WoW in China. Sounds like fun!

So far Blizzard hasn't made any comments on the subject. Can they actually sue or do anything at all, when this is taking place in China?

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Well the chinese rip everything else off

including American (well, Western orthodox) holidays like Christmas. apparently they also get it very wrong sometimes. one of my English teachers from high school told us a story from when she used to teach classes in China while earning her degree.

the story goes that during her first time there in December, she decided to go xmas shopping for quirky gifts to send back home. upon entering a Chinese department store, or maybe it was more like a big mall, she passed by a window which had a xmas-themed display setup.
you wanna' guess what it was?

she told us they had a giant, lighted crucifix with Santa Clause nailed to it. bleeding from the hands and feet.

gg.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Consumers and corporations have the ability to stop this kind of thing, though cheap stuff > moral responsibility. :rolleyes:

Jacks, that reminds me of this Tonight Show clip. Wait for the crucifix part.

*EDIT: Bah, it's not the full thing. I'll try to find it.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
like selling ice to the eskimos
like selling sand in the Sahara
like selling software in China ...

;)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
stopbarking250.jpg