UE3 - UT3 Controller Input - Defining Keys

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuicideBadger

Feb 11, 2009
Hi all,

At the moment, am working on a single player platforming mod for UT3 and looking to finalise in the next few days, but a niggling problem we're facing is that we'd like to use a Controller to play the game with, in our case, an Xbox 360 controller.

In short, I'd like to know how I'd go about setting things like Jump, Fire etc. to specific buttons on the 360 controller for EVERY player that installs the mod.

Also in there, I have a few custom items defined in the MutatorInteraction code, for example:
Q - Spawns secondary character
I - Zooms out
O - Zooms in
P - First Person Zoom
G - Powerup Switch Back
H - Powerup Switch Forward

These can't be defined in the Unreal Menu settings, so I'm confused how to attach these to a controller button.

Thanks in advance all, help is much appreciated!

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
In the interaction class there are a few things that might help you:

Code:
KEY_XboxTypeS_LeftX
found that in the GameViewPortClient class, which might be helpful in finding the xbox keys

Also found this:
Code:
KEY_XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger
Maybe try experimenting and seeing if you can put Right trigger and such?

Also for checking input there is an optional bool in Input to say its for a gamepad

Code:
delegate bool OnReceivedNativeInputKey (int ControllerId, name Key, Object.EInputEvent EventType, optional float AmountDepressed, [b]optional bool bGamepad[/b])

Hope that helps :D

Last edited: