PDA

View Full Version : UE3 - UT3 Modifying weapon projectiles

Phoenix_Wing
4th May 2009, 07:44 PM
Trying to change the stingers projectile class, to a modified one still based off of the original, however the compiler doesn't recognize it. It gets unresolved references even though the stinger is the parent.

Heres the problem:

WeaponProjectiles(1)=class'UTProj_HGStingerShard'

It says
Warning Class Property: ..... Unresolved reference to class'UTProj_HGStingerShard'

Warning invalid property in defaults: class'UTProj_HGStingerShard'

I'm sure i'm missing something really simple here, but i can't figure out what. The UT3 weapon system has changed so much...

DannyMeister
9th May 2009, 12:46 AM
Are you subclassing both the weapon, and the projectile? You actually do have a UTProj_HGStingerShard in your package?

... and by the way, a classname that starts with UT makes it seem that it a class that is part of the UT game, however it is your own mod (or mutator) not epic's code for this game. HGProj_StingerShard might be better, though I don't know what your HG stands for.

Phoenix_Wing
9th May 2009, 11:54 AM
The HG stands for Heavy Gunner, and i'll make sure to change the name so it doesn't look like that :) Turns out i had made a spelling mistake in the class, i put UTPro_ which was causing the error.

Thanks Danny!

Oh and if you don't mind could i ask, where would i change the pickup name and names for when your selecting it in say a WeaponPickupBase in UED? So then it will have a nice name instead of its class name