Haunted 2.0 released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Are you up for some zombie-killing? Then these news are just for you: recently announced Haunted 2.0 mod for UT3 got released!

The Haunted is a fast paced third-person horror-action game with focus on a intense multiplayer experience that is all about making a stand and liberating cursed places from the minions of evil. The game features several multiplayer modes such as coop or demons .vs. humans where enemies are spawned and controlled by players. Outstanding visuals create a style that borrows from 80's grindhouse horror and action flicks to lay a perfect tone for the gameplay.

You can download the mod from moddb.

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
That's what happens when you try to hide on high places, you get away from the demons, but the swarm starts coming in :D

That's a bit of a dick move TBH, but I can forgive that because the witchhammer is so awesome!

Cryton

Loafing Bast
Nov 11, 1999
London, UK
www.fce2.eu
The readme says
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CREATE A SEPERATE INGAME PROFILE FOR THE HAUNTED. OTHERWISE IT WILL OVERRIDE YOUR UT3 SETTINGS AND KEYBINDINGS.
Anyone know how I can do this? I really don't want to risk any of my settings.

edit: you have to logout first and then you have this Create Profile button.

Last edited:

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Anyone know how to easily install this in a Steam directory of UT3? Or would it go into the MyGames/UT3.. etc directory still?

Installation
=================================================================

The Haunted requires UT3 Patch 2.0

IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU CREATE A SEPERATE INGAME PROFILE FOR THE HAUNTED.
OTHERWISE IT WILL OVERRIDE YOUR UT3 SETTINGS AND KEYBINDINGS.

Remove the old haunted version from the UTGame\published\CookedPC folder
and delete the UtHauntedGame.ini from UtGame\config

Extract the contents of the rar file into your Documents\MyGames\Unreal Tournament 3 folder

Now you can launch the haunted or the editor with the shortcuts.
The shortcuts will try to find your UT3.exe first.
Right click -> properties to locate it manually.

See the troubleshooting section if the shortcut does not work at all.
=================================================================